new to the board

need help tunnel and after fissure op

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new to the board

Postby notahappycamper » 11 Nov 2015, 06:41

Hi,

I am a 31 year old male, who lives in South Africa. About a year ago and few months, I had a lis surgery for a peri anal fistula. All went well and I seemed to heal after about 6 months, about 11 months since the op I have been experiencing leakage, especially while doing sports. I went back to my surgeon today, he says that he can not see anything really, but it might be a tunnel and needs to put under to examine me and if there is anything there he will then remove it, as he thinks it might be a tunnel that has formed from the scaring. My concerns are that if he has to op more, would the leakage not get worse or even worse would the scaring not return.

What does everyone think? I am very scared to worsen the condition by doing another op. I have told the surgeon, I would rather wait till January 2016 and see if it gets better :dunno:
notahappycamper
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: new to the board

Postby Manitourose » 11 Nov 2015, 17:50

Welcome notahappycamper,

Usually the condition should not worsen after the operation. If I was to guess there was either a 2nd tunnel originally or perhaps you healed too quickly? Others may have some thoughts. Are you seeing a colorectal surgeon. I can understand your concerns and I think it's good you are reaching out. Your surgeon should inform you as to what he/she thinks the answers may be and from there you can deduct how comfortable you are. I hope some others reach out on here as well!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here