Anal dilation and dilators

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anal dilation and dilators

Postby jay2502 » 08 Nov 2015, 16:37

SavaIci wrote:Here's the link below. Topic is locked but lots of info there. I used pediatric dilators, and started at 9mm and used only organic lubrication - Sliquid.

post68751.html?hilit=Self%20dilation#p68751

Use the Search that you'll find above (between FAQ and Portal), just under the information about the forum. There you can search by Topic (anal dilation). Ignore the search on te right as it is not as thorough.

good heavens above !! :bouncer:
that looks really painful, was it ?
i typed anal dialation into google images aswell. bad idea nearly passed out.

i imagine my anal area will be torn to pieces trying that. however i am ever so intrigued as i want to try EVERYTHING.
where did you get the kit from and lube ?
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Anal dilation and dilators

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2015, 20:05

Hardly... I was very, very gentle=healed. I used pediatric dilators, starting at 9mm, which is the size of a woman's (mine) pinky finger. I used Sliquid - which has organic ingredients and nothing nasty in it - lay on my side, and was incredibly gentle while doing it, especially making sure I was relaxed. It took nearly a year before all was better.

Why you should imagine your "anal area will be torn to pieces trying that" I'm not sure. You have the links on here that I gave you and they are good ones to read through. 22 pages so don't think you could have read it all the way through!

Look up "pediatric dilators," and Sliquid on google, as you can order both online if you're in the US.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby suzyljank » 09 Nov 2015, 10:23

Hi jay2502, this will not tear you bottom to ribbons at all. I've had 2 anal advancement flaps done and started dilation just a few weeks after. This helps to keep the muscle pliable, it also helps to break the cycle of spasms. You start with the smallest dilator. Go slowly. Try to relax, that will take practice though. You increase the size over time. It helps. I just use k'y jelly but the organic one sounds good too. I still have to do this once daily. Takes a few seconds and it's done. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby jay2502 » 10 Nov 2015, 18:03

SavaIci wrote:Hardly... I was very, very gentle=healed. I used pediatric dilators, starting at 9mm, which is the size of a woman's (mine) pinky finger. I used Sliquid - which has organic ingredients and nothing nasty in it - lay on my side, and was incredibly gentle while doing it, especially making sure I was relaxed. It took nearly a year before all was better.

Why you should imagine your "anal area will be torn to pieces trying that" I'm not sure. You have the links on here that I gave you and they are good ones to read through. 22 pages so don't think you could have read it all the way through!

Look up "pediatric dilators," and Sliquid on google, as you can order both online if you're in the US.

thanks, am looking through the the link you sent me bit by bit.

i also get the feeling the dilators arent available in the UK to buy after doing a search.
and when trying a simple 'anal dilator' search it comes up with sex toys! :groan:
im in pain.
jay2502
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 10 Nov 2015, 19:05

These are pediatric dilators and I had to have my doctor write a script for them. He was so impressed with them that he actually called me later for the name of the company and now he reccommends them to his patients that need to do dilation.
suzyljank

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2015, 21:34

Yes, as Suzy said, ask your doctor to prescribe them. They are usually only on prescription here in the US, but I managed to order the ones direct from the medical suppliers. They were not cheap (there are about 15 different sizes included, graduating by the mm).

Don't search for anal dilators, rather for "pediatric anal dilator". These are available in the UK, as sometimes parents have to do this dilation on babies after rectal surgery.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby jay2502 » 12 Nov 2015, 17:31

jay2502
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 12 Nov 2015, 18:35

I would say no. This isn't a dilator. These are the ones I spoke of http://ssp-inc.com/products/pediatric-p ... -dilators/
suzyljank

Postby Savaici » 12 Nov 2015, 21:49

Would agree that no! that is not what you should use...

Those are the ones I used too, Suzy.

(I have split this topic as it was hijacking ruff time's thread).
Savaici
Administrator

Postby suzyljank » 12 Nov 2015, 23:26

Thank you.
suzyljank