11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 18 Nov 2015, 23:00

Thanks Salamon. I am trying to stay positive but just not sure what I can do to help myself these days. Do you take miralax or other softeners? Do you have any blood these days.
I appreciate your feedback.
Thanks again - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Manitourose » 19 Nov 2015, 09:51

Hang in there Canadabum. 1 day at a time and somedays, 1 bath or miralax at a time. It is so frustrating to have loose or hard bowels when you are doing everything right or the same way that helped them stay soft. Happens to me far too often and I think when you are doing your best is when it's the most discouraging because you feel out of options. Hoping today is a better day. Think you have inspired me to start up my diary again, from fistula to now fissures. Sigh! Glad you are writing and sharing.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Canadabum » 21 Nov 2015, 10:29

Thanks Manitourose...

Unfortunately for me I felt the familiar scraping feeling at the beginning of today's bm. Of course, little bit of blood. Frustrating to say the least.

I just hope I will one day look back on this rather than being in it.

Thanks all - CB
Canadabum

Postby owmybum » 21 Nov 2015, 14:27

My Crs said not to worry about the odd bit of blood. He said its a very vascular area, just like your gums which can bleed when brushing your teeth. Try not to get too disheartened by the sight of a few spots now and again... It doesn't mean you have re torn.

Hang on in there.... You will get there!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Canadabum » 21 Nov 2015, 15:27

Thanks OMB. I needed to hear that. The blood is accompanied by discomfort that lasts all day and pretty much every day...but only a 1 or 2 on the scale.

I find the mental battle just as challenging as the physical. It is hard for me not to get a bit worried, down or frustrated when this happens. Hearing from you and others is sooooo helpful - I can't thank you enough. It is the sort of boost that puts me on the right track.

Thanks again for the insight...and as always I appreciate the feedback.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby owmybum » 21 Nov 2015, 17:55

It's such tough going when you have been in pain for so long. You are bound to go through low times. I think it's much harder to stay positive when things have been going well... Then you have a set back and it just feels so deflating.
Try to be mindful that things can and will start to get better again.... And you can and will get through it.

Xxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Canadabum » 24 Nov 2015, 16:29

So when it rains it pours right...specially if you live in Vancouver or Seattle....

After the last minor set back i have not been quite the same....some spotting blood over the past weekend and a bit today as well. Granted I ate like an idiot yesterday...but boy was it delicious!!!

I can tell I am going to have some blood because at the beginning of the movement i have almost a scratchy feel at first and minor stinging...though not localized in any one place. I have the sense that my skin is simply aggravated and not healing...so when something passes by it bleeds a bit. OMB did tell me that the whole are is quite vascular...so i am not too worried about it...just want it to stop happening (like you!). I must say...i am surprised i am getting aggravated because things are soft, i am using a half dose of miralax etc. I must be quite sensitive down there at this point in the process.

As always -- thanks for reading and much much thanks for your feedback.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby msimon » 25 Nov 2015, 03:50

Sorry to hear you are still struggling. What did you eat that was so delicious? I have had a lot of that lately. Screw it I am going to enjoy food again ;) It's still tough to let oneself do though.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Canadabum » 25 Nov 2015, 06:54

Thanks MSimon. Yesterday I started off well with a smoothie for breakfast...but lunch, oh boy. It was a hamburger supreme...bun, onion rings in the burger and fries on the side. Then dinner was a middle eastern mixed plate and to top it all off...as if that were not enough...cake my daughter made for my other daughter's birthday. Wow...I haven't eaten like that in quite some time.
Msimon - how are you doing? Do you experience blood anymore or are those days long gone for you?
When you indulge what happens to you?
Second last question...was thinking of starting a thread on this one...does the timing of taking miralax or magnesium matter. Does taking it all in the morning or at night have a different effect...I am wondering if I should experiment a bit.
Finally....would love to hear about some of your food escapades. While I don't love the effect, for me it is important to live a little.
Always a pleasure to hear from you.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Manitourose » 25 Nov 2015, 11:56

I've been doing Miralax for the last week, 1/2 a dose in the afternoon and another 1/2 in the evening. Things are soft, but frankly not all in one piece. So when I have the urge to go, which includes what we are assuming is IBS cramping, I feel the need and sometimes automatic reaction to strain b/c the stool is soft and in pieces.
I don't recall this when I took Colace (not sure of the Canada form). But if you try Miralax definitely start with 1/2 a dose. I took my 1st 1/2 dose at about 5pm and I wasn't running to the loo from it. Which was a relief, the less loo time would be a winner for me.

Good on you for enjoying some delicious food and life! Its inspiring, you may be struggling but I find it awesome you are still enjoying important moments.
Manitourose

Topics: 14