i got constipated

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

i got constipated

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 22:31

Well, it has happened twice. I was constipated yesterday, just a little came out in 2 days. I was terrified to go to work today, but after lunch, I went and it did hurt, there was blood, but it was not as hard as i thought it would be. Prayers do come true. How long will you bleed with bm's after a hemrroid surgery with a fissure repair? When I have gas sometimes, a little blood comes out on the toilet paper....does this sound normal? I am just glad the constipation did not kill me......I think the prunes I have been eating and the fruit are the reason it was not worse. Image

Re: i got constipated

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2008, 01:37

Sounds normal to me. When I had gas sometimes, a little blood came out. You asked how long will you bleed with bm's after a hemrroid surgery with a fissure repair. I bled for about 10 days. Obviously, avoid constipation. I take psyllium husk, slippery elm & prune juice each day. I've only been constipated once since surgery & that was because for 1 day I didn't take any of those stool softeners.
Hang in there. You'll be better in no time.

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Feb 2008, 01:59

Constipation is unfortunately our worst enemy during healing process : (. You must try to avoid it any way you can. I never had trouble with hard poop so I am not the best expert to give you advice, but many members will give you a ton of good advice as soon as they find this post ! In the meantime, try to read previous posts and topics regarding MOM, mineral oil, Colace, Miralax etc.
I am so sorry to hear that you had little setback - it can be unnerving : ( but nothing is lost, just get back on your track of regiments you used and all will be fine. Keep hydrated, eat a lot of fiber or take some stool softener and continue with long baths couple of times a day to promote healing.
All the best !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2008, 10:28

Once you find a regimen that keeps you regular, do not deviate from it. You should definitely be taking stool softeners and making sure you have a fiber rich diet. I eat the same food every day to make sure I don't have any huge surprises at potty time. I take half a dose of miralax, half a dose of Milk of magnesia and mineral oil. You could even try a magnesium supplement. Maybe pick one and see if it helps. I also swear by All Bran Buds cereal.
I started bleeding again at about 4 weeks out. My doctor did not seem concerned at all though I was. I increased the stool softner regimen and it seems like it is helping.

There are a lot of great threads on here that discuss constipation and things you could try and what works for others. Even though you feel better I would still be very, very careful. Your butt is still very vulnerable.

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2008, 19:34

i love prunes....they are best when pitted and unsulfured.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74