internal hemorrhoids and fissure

6 weeks in and not getting relief at all.

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

internal hemorrhoids and fissure

Postby brandypugg » 09 Dec 2015, 20:30

I started bleeding with bowel movement but not like the normal spotting I do with hemorrhoids blood was actually dripping in toilet. I fill the toilet with blood I bleed for a couple hours after finally go to doctor cause I can't take pain no more. He thought my hemorrhoids were blood filled sent me to gastro who did colonoscopy which did nothing but aggravate situation more. He came out and said just internal hemorrhoids go through another week. Go back to my PCP and he said if they are that bad they need to come out he sent me to surgeon. Who then did an exam I will never forget and found fissure really close to hemorrhoids. He gave me C-nitroglyserin 0.2 suppository cause mine is internal. Has anyone else been through this cause I am about to die. I thought child birth was hard. This is a viscous cycle that don't seem to end. In 6 weeks I have had 2 bowel movements where I don't bleed bad. Its so much pain sometimes I can't even use bathroom its like I just swivel up cause I know the pain is coming and itching and the burning. Going crazy with this never thought it would ever last this long.
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: internal hemorrhoids and fissure

Postby brandypugg » 09 Dec 2015, 20:43

So today I was to start doing all of this every day. Hot sits bath
insert compound suppository
3 hours later dilate with my fingers
Would like something to help
Use glycerin with every stool
Take miralax everday
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 09 Dec 2015, 23:30

Can you ask your doctor to give you nitro in cream form/ointment form. To use suppositories sounds like putting you through extra pain, especially as the GTN is absorbed through the blood stream so does not need to be inserted. Dilation does help. I also went through hell and back so know what you are feeling, as do so many of us here.

Make sure that you are drinking enough water and not overdoing the fibre. Doctors tend to tell us to bulk up the stool, but with a fissure all you want to do is to have it going through easily.

Also, suggest you see a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS). PCP and gastros are not the best when it comes to anal fissures.

Sorry you're in such pain, but glad that you found us. :wel:
:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby brandypugg » 10 Dec 2015, 08:22

No they are not found that out the hard way but it was what my doctor said I needed to do. They are having a hard time finding one that takes my ins. I was actually considering surgery but with so many other people going through this. It is awesome to finally hear other people talk about everything I complain about. I think my hubby was thinking I was a wimp or something. One thing I don't understand he wants me to dilate everyday. Can someone explain the best way to do this cause I have no clue. If I do it ever day how long do I do it everyday is it a couple mins or does it need to be for long time?
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 10 Dec 2015, 15:31

As you can see under my message, I did anal dilation. It stopped the muscle spasming for me, eventually. I used pediatric dilators that I bought online. If you are in the States I can give you the link. There are also a few links on the Forum related to anal dilation and those who have used it.

search.php?keywords=Dilation&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Postby brandypugg » 10 Dec 2015, 17:14

Yes,I am in Tennessee. I would much rather have something to help. Thanks so much
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 10 Dec 2015, 20:36

Here's the info for you.   :huggies:

Don't be afraid of doing the dilation. Just be gentle with yourself. Keep the dilator in for as long as feels comfortable for you. Sometimes I only had it in for a couple of minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. The muscle (internal spincter) feels like a brick wall at first! Just go slowly.

Only use the pediatric dilators and start with the very smallest for short periods of time. Build up the time you leave it in gradually. Warm the dilators under running water and just relax when you use them. For me the best position was on all fours, head to the ground. Then I would gingerly lower myself to my side... Lying on your side is more usual though.

Dilators: Just get the ones you need. I started with 8mm and went up to 15mm eventually. These are pediatric dilators. They use them after surgery on young children. I did not have a prescription; I just ordered and paid for them online. 

This is the link for the pediatric dilators: 

http://ssp-inc.com/products/pediatric-p ... -dilators/

I used Sliquid Organics Natural Gel or Soothe as lubricants.  Both are great lubricants and I used both of them at intervals and they are excellent in my opinion. Mostly I used the Sliquid.  I tried KY jelly and I hated it.  Never used Vaseline, as per doctor's advice.

Links for Sliquid and Soothe:

http://sliquid.com/full-width/sliquid-o ... tural-gel/

http://www.intimateorganics.com/store/p ... 2F2oz.html

I worked at this for a year. It is hard work to be moderately pain free (very pain free in comparison to how I was). I also use a Sitz bath, each time I poop!!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby brandypugg » 11 Dec 2015, 11:05

Thanks so much for that I really needed help with dilate part keep asking doc for instructions he was just stick finger in slowly. I did find the dilators ordered them they are on the way can't get here soon enough.. This morning I can't get suppository in at all did sitz bath still won't go. So I am gonna call doctor today have to have cream it already hurts to insert them but to try and it not go. I am about to climb the walls. Has anyone ever tried nupercainal just on outside for pain pharmacy says it has lidicane but in small does to get some quick relief.
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Postby brandypugg » 11 Dec 2015, 15:55

I done sitz bath and I have tried everything I no to try. Still can't get suppository in so I tried finger can't even get to end of finger nail. Something is there in the way. Could one of my internal hemorrhoids be prolapsed?
brandypugg
Fibre Addict

Postby Shania213 » 17 Jan 2016, 07:06

Hi

Just curious-How are you feeling now? have things improved for you?
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14