Should I cancel my surgery?

Feingold

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Should I cancel my surgery?

Postby helpme » 16 Nov 2015, 21:41

Hi! I'm new to the forum and
Last edited by helpme on 08 Jun 2016, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
helpme
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: Should I cancel my surgery?

Postby CulopainSD » 17 Nov 2015, 02:06

No, if your AF has physically and mentally affected your daily quality of life , don't cancel. I had my LIS today at 1130am and I have no pain as I'm typing this at 11pm in San Diego. Praying for a soft bm tomorrow.
CulopainSD

Postby phtgrphr » 17 Nov 2015, 11:32

Read my post for more details about recovery. If I were you, I would not cancel. I had mine for >10 years. It was never as terrible as many people on the forum get, but it never went away and stayed away, and the cyclical, often worsening, fissure problem became more of a psychological issue than anything else for me. Don't get me wrong, though, it was also painful and uncomfortable.

Feingold's procedure is relatively minimally invasive. I took 6 days off work as I recall mostly so I could sit all day in the tub and soak. Pain was really not that bad. First day before first BM had some anxiety but would definitely do it again.

All he does is dilate (which was actually great and I was very loosey-goosey for the first weeks, though not frankly incontinent to solid stool; felt very nice to be so loose, though; it has since returned to about normal), cauterize the fissure which is not a big deal, and inject steroid, which will eventually go away. No muscle cutting!

Also, I'd be more concerned about the steroid cream. Really not a good thing to be using long term, and frankly that could affect your wound healing postop as it causes thinning of the skin/mucosa and poor wound healing. Make sure Feingold knows about that. If I were him, I'd want you off the steroid cream/suppository for a while before the procedure, but I'm not a CRS!

Good luck !

Make your own coconut oil suppositories. You can google suppository molds, heat up some oil, pour in and refrigerate. Unless you store them in a pretty warm room, it should stay solid. Or make your own by molding some together.
phtgrphr

Topics: 1

Postby Manitourose » 18 Nov 2015, 19:21

Hi helpme. I can sense your distress and worry. You have a lot going on so it's natural and it sounds like you do everything you can to overcome this. Definitely as others said go through with it if you can. It's not worth the stress this continues to cause.
After my fistula surgery I was so relieved but the stress was immense before. Now I deal with fissures. I hear Dr. Feingold is one of the very best and I might not be far behind you visiting him as I live in the greater area too.

Let us know how you get on. You have a lot of support here at this forum and no matter what you decide we are here to support you. Best wishes!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby helpme » 11 Dec 2015, 09:19

Just an FYI that I'm posting my experience under a new topic here: post119849.html#p119849
helpme
Salt Bather

Topics: 2