HELP

Unable to BM due to Spasm

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

HELP

Postby PaininSabah » 25 Dec 2015, 05:21

Hello!

I am in serious need of advice! I came across this forum after googling and found tons of tips.

My problem now is that I can't pass stools for over a week now maybe two because I have sort of an anxiety ( previous bleeding ) and my anal muscles won't relax.

Even after relaxing, and I slowly give it a little push ( Coz not supposed to strain ) but it still wouldn't come out.

Doctor gave me Lactulose to help soften my stool but still hasn't helped! Started taking them 2 days ago.

I get very uncomfortable and can't focus all day because of this! My body keeps telling me I need to release but I end up not releasing anything because of the pain.

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE
PaininSabah
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: HELP

Postby Fissurefrustration » 25 Dec 2015, 05:50

Hi PaininSabah,

So sorry you are struggling - it's a difficult time when we all have to put on a happy face around Christmas.

Keep taking your lactulose, look into magnesium supplements and another tip I've found useful is sit in a hot bath (not scoulding!) for at least 20 minutes before attempting a BM, it helps loosen everything up down there. Some people have found opening their bowels in the bath makes things easier.

Keep us posted, try meditation relaxation is Key.

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby PaininSabah » 25 Dec 2015, 06:16

Thanks for being the first to respond! YES it's hard to put a happy face when deep inside you're in agony!

Yes I will try the Sitz bath when I get home later. Doc has given me potassium permanganate to add to the warm water during my sit. I haven't gotten around to do it yet as I fear that I might loosen up and end up pooping in the tub/basin!

I am also going to try virgin coconut oil tomorrow as I read some great reviews here.

Thanks so much for your help!
PaininSabah
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 25 Dec 2015, 08:45

If you have not passed anything in over 7-9 days now -- I would recommend seeing your dr. asap or go to your local emergency room at your local hospital and tell them you need help with this. The challenge is the longer you don't address this the more difficult it may become. I would seek some help and intervention at this stage of the game.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby PaininSabah » 25 Dec 2015, 09:37

Thanks for the reply Canadabum.

I actually just got discharged last Sunday evening from the hospital for PCP. A lung infection and during my emergency admission I told the docs that I had hemaroids ( or so I thought ) as I experienced pain and bleeding during BM. I didn't know that it was anal fissure instead.

They inserted a protoscope and things went down from there as I felt raw/tear and made BM even harder. They told me there was no swelling or bumps so it's probably an inflammation.

The second time after I complained about being unable to BM was when I was being warded, they took a second look and failed to insert the protoscope as my rectum kept on rejecting it.

So they only managed to finger my anal canal to check for hemmaroids. The pain was intense and I did feel tenderness in the internal upper and lower part of my anus. Again the doctor said there is nothing there, it's not a hemmaroid but probably inflamed.

So basically the doctor knows about this but only prescribed me Lactulose and advised for a sitz bath.

At the hospital, the doctor refused to give me a supository or enema because of my condition. So when I was discharged, I tried administering a suppository at home at my own risk Coz I was desperate but it hurts when I tried inserting it and I ended up breaking it ( it melted pretty fast )

I also tried to BM just a moment ago because I really felt like going. After relaxing for a few minutes, i could feel that my rectum was automatically moving the stool towards the exit. So but when I tried pushing, I felt that the stool was softer however too big to pass and my anus would not stretch.

I wonder how long the lactulose would effect and make it runny/watery so that I can finally pass with ease?
PaininSabah
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 25 Dec 2015, 09:56

Do you have a personal family doctor you can consult?
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 25 Dec 2015, 09:59

You may want to try and go in to a sitz bath...sounds weird perhaps but might do the trick in terms of really relaxing you and allowing you to finally pass.
Canadabum

Postby PaininSabah » 25 Dec 2015, 10:59

NO we don't have family doctors here in Sabah.

Will try the sitz bath. Does the water need to be warm?
PaininSabah
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 25 Dec 2015, 14:33

Yes...use warm water.

Try and stimulate your bowel a bit before you sit by walking a bit, drink a glass of water and gentle massage of your lower abdomen area - then when you feel your body getting ready you can sit in a warm sitz bath.
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 25 Dec 2015, 14:40

...and I would also take a full dose of ibuprofen before you begin...so that it is working when go go to the bathroom.
Canadabum