I am losing my mind here!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I am losing my mind here!!

Postby felix » 10 Jan 2016, 16:09

Arghh! Sorry for the moan (again!) but this whole situation is sending me bonkers..I have just had a random day of soreness after weeks of normal, pre fissure, pain free life. Then for no reason at all, apart from possiy my period, a day of soreness. It is not terrible pain and not anything like it was a year ago but just annoying and my whole bottom feels a bit tense and generally not great. When will this end???? My poor husband has had a look at says he can't see any damage and it looks ok but why is it sore and tense? I would go to my gp but she is useless and I have to pay to see a CRS privately...is this part of the process or is my life just one round of healing/ soreness/worry....blah...
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: I am losing my mind here!!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 11:58

Hey Felix,

So sorry you've had one of the worst kinds of setbacks (not seeing any physical signs of damage so no clue how/why it happened) When is your appt with the CRS? I do feel like we are on a giant healing carousel sometimes. I wish it was like a cut on the arm where you can see it healing and see what stage you're at. Please feel free to moan any time - I love this forum so much as we can say what we want, when we want and know that we have an international family at our sides to give us a shoulder to cry on.

I wonder if there is a link between period pain and AF pain - the loss of blood could do something to the tissue perfusion back there? I'm not entirely sure.

Thinking of you, and can I just say you sound like you have a lovely husband keeping an eye on you :)

ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby felix » 12 Jan 2016, 14:32

Hi ff
Thanks so much for the reply. I am just exhausted by it at the moment and the irony is that it is probably better than it has been for ages! I do feel like it is gradually getting better over time but the setbacks are psychologically doing me in.. I gave appt next week with CRS but am in the south of UK and there is not much choice here so am stuck with one that is fairly unbothered by the whole thing....hope you are doing ok at the mo and yes, my hubby is a keeper!! X
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Shania213 » 12 Jan 2016, 14:43

Im from the south too of England and I find that my doctor is not very sympathetic. They don't realise how much this hurts!!!
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 15:05

I'm south England too!!! 3 of us! My wonderful crs is Paul Durdey who works at North bristol and circle hospital in peasedown.

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby felix » 12 Jan 2016, 16:04

I am further south than that, in Cornwall but will keep him in mind if I get desperate. i hope I get some answers next week...I saw him in May when it was still very painful and he said it was 75% healed so I am thinking it must be better than that with such minimal pain most of the time but would love to know why it flares up for no reason around the same time every month. I wonder if it is a muscle thing, because I have noticed that the muscle gets tight before my bottom gets sore and then 24 hours later the sore spot on internally stops hurting but the skin feels sore as though the muscle being tight has pulled on/torn the skin....God knows but I am also considering asking my GP for oestrogen cream to see if that might help a bit...Desperate time!!!
I so appreaciate the support, it has really all gotten to me today and I just felt so low and tired of dealing with it. I think it is almost worse having a taste of real, normal life and then back to worry....
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist