Had colonoscopy and banding

External hemorhoids

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Had colonoscopy and banding

Postby ah97 » 12 Jan 2016, 16:26

Hello, I have posted a few times here but anyway long story short I'm an 18 y/o man with internal and external hemorrhoids. I was told by my GI I could get the internals banded and that would pretty much get rid of the externals. So I got a colonoscopy and proceeded to the banding. Banding was very easy it's been 5 days so the internal should have already fallen off. However my externals do not look different at all... They are grade ones but have been there for a year so I'm unsure about what to do. Anyone else experience anything similiar or have any advice?
ah97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Had colonoscopy and banding

Postby plshelp » 15 Jan 2016, 13:30

I would recommend seeing your GI again if it is causing you discomfort/worry. :)

I do not have much experience with hemorrhoids, as I struggle mostly with AF. However, I believe that I had a small hemorrhoid (not 100%, as I self-diagnosed lol!) upon examining a swollen area down there. With the typical treatment I use for AF (warm baths, lots of water, softening stools) I noticed that it went away in about a week!

Any wound down there can also take quite awhile to heal; I'd say take it easy on the area and wait a few more days. Which I know is frustrating; I hate being told to wait another whole month to see if I'm in pain and THEN they'll do something, but a lot of the times it does clear up/get a bit better. :)

Not the most helpful advice, I know, but it is worth a shot if you aren't already trying it, even without discomfort. Otherwise, see that GI again to confirm everything is okay!
plshelp

Topics: 1