New here no clue what to do

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here no clue what to do

Postby somuchpain21 » 15 Jan 2016, 21:31

Hi guys
I am new here and don't even know where to begin. I delivered a 9lb baby 11 weeks ago after 81 hours of labor and about 1.5 hours of pushing. About 2 weeks later I had horrible pain and blood when I would use the bathroom. I thought it was just my hemerroids but after using cream to no avail I started to research a little more. I am now almost positive I have a fissure. I went to a surgeon on Tuesday who was insanely rude to me. He tried to use a scope on me without numbing me or anything. Once I screamed out from the pain he stopped the exam and told me I was in too much pain to exam. No kidding. He then told me to come back in 2 months. No creams or meds or anything. When I asked if it was just hemerroids he said he didn't know could be a tear. Needless to say I will not be returning to him. I have another appointment with a surgeon this week coming up but don't want any surgery whatsoever because I am breastfeeding my baby. I have read about coconut oil on here but I'm not sure what kind and if I can just use it on the outside since it's too painful inside to put anything there. Also I have been taking motirn after I have a bm because the pain is excruciating. Sitz baths too. Any other advise for this poor mama who can barely function???
somuchpain21

Topics: 1

Re: New here no clue what to do

Postby Nicolay » 16 Jan 2016, 05:22

Not a mama nor a doc, but one piece of advice: find a different doc!
Come back in 2 months without any help or treatment? To me that borders on unethical.

Speak to friends and family, maybe someone can refer you to a doc that they have had good experience with. And please do it soon. Best of luck!
Nicolay
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Jan 2016, 11:28

I'm so sorry about your surgeon. What kind of doc was he? You ideally need to see a colorectal surgeon. My first doctor was rude too but second was better.

Are you having a small hip bath after every bm? Try taking a magnesium supplement to soften your stool and up your water intake.

Keep us posted and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on a happy and healthy bundle of joy ☺

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby somuchpain21 » 16 Jan 2016, 11:51

He was a general surgeon. Completely rude and truly mean. I've never experienced anything like it. I try to take a bath after every bm but hard with a newborn and 2.5 yr old. I will definitely try magnesium thanks for the advice.
somuchpain21