Glad I'm not alone

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Glad I'm not alone

Postby fumby_girl » 17 Jan 2016, 00:27

Hello all,
I'm newly diagnosed AF. Found your forums through a Google search. I'm in the United States. I thought mine was hemorrhoids and kept applying Preparation H and had nominal relief, but not completely. Then, the Dr thought it was a yeast infection that spread to my anal area. Spent a bit trying to treat that, but symptoms continued. after all that, now discovering everyone was wrong. Began treating that and getting some relief, but still having a lot of itch and a burning rash that's making my skin raw. Tried putting some aloe vera on it, but it BURNS Hoping it's temporary.
fumby_girl

Topics: 1

Re: Glad I'm not alone

Postby Savaici » 17 Jan 2016, 06:18

HeLlo and :wel: to our Forum! Always good to hear when we're found, even though it's usually pain that brings people to us :affraid: .

You said that you still have a rash. Could you tell us what the doctor has given you to treat the fissure, and is the doctor a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS)?
:sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Glad I'm not alone

Postby fumby_girl » 17 Jan 2016, 06:33

I've only seen the GP and GYN so far. Mine is an internist. I didn't know I should see the CRS until I found this forum. So, I'll start that search next. Currently, treating with the generation recommendations of Preparation H after a BM and wiping with wet wipes. Got the aloe vera gel after reading a few posts here. I'd wondered what I could put on my raw, itchy skin. It actually feels better now, but those first couple of applications burned. I'm guessing because it was so raw.
fumby_girl

Topics: 1