Dying w/ anal fissure HELP

Hurts worse than childbirth

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Dying w/ anal fissure HELP

Postby Mojojess3 » 02 Feb 2016, 16:36

This is pain on a new level. Started Friday. (Today Tuesday) my muscles have gone into spasm and nothing is helping- nitro gives me horrible headache (still doing it) just started yesterday - please God how long will this pain last? I can't stand or sit for longer than 6 min with out horrible pain. I have a visit with my procto in 3 days I am going to beg him to do a release or kill me. I can't function. The pain is almost a constant 10/10. I have all the creams 2.5% hydro- 5% lido nothing works. I am taking Tylenol and Motrin round the clock. I have tried homemade turmeric suppositories. This is agony. I can't even convey how exceedingly painful this is- I have given birth naturally to 4 children have had bone surgery and nothing compares to this. When I insert a finger to add the nitro I can feel the second ring of muscle so tight and constricted. Please help. Tell me what worked for you. I cannot live like this.
Mojojess3

Topics: 1

Re: Dying w/ anal fissure HELP

Postby chachacha » 02 Feb 2016, 19:24

Are you sure of your diagnosis? I had thrombosed hemorrhoids three times in as many decades and during each episode, I actually wanted to die, because the pain was so EXTREME! With the fissure however, I was in terrible pain 10/10, but it was only after bowel movements and would last for 10 - 15 hours each time. I would then be perfectly okay until the next bowel movement. With the thrombosed hemmies though, the pain DID NOT STOP until the hemorrhoid resolved (which took about a week, after it had reached its peak).

I can totally relate to the pain though, whatever its cause! Nothing worked for me on the pain front, except occasionally after taking two Tylenol 4's at a time. And when those did work (about 50% of the time), they only lessened it down to about an 8/10. Oh, and they even tried Demerol and Morphine (five shots in a row) while I was in emerg, and neither worked for me either, because the pain was just too darned big.

The only thing that helped me though, was a burning hot bath, which really isn't good for either a fissure or the roids, but it was the only thing that alleviated the pain. I spent a full week in the tub each time, eating and sleeping there, and would only exit to use the toilet as needed.

I hope that your pain goes away soon and if not, that your appointment with the doctor does the job.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: Dying w/ anal fissure HELP

Postby Deleted User 4903 » 02 Feb 2016, 21:13

I don't know your medical history but I ended up having surgery after the creams didn't work. The pain afterwards was very minimal and only required pain pills once or twice a day for 3 days.

This is what I found before the surgery that helped to make the pain a little more bearable...

Start taking metamucil once or twice a day as directed on the bottle. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Avoid caffeine (tea, coffee, soda). Limit red meats. Eat plenty of fresh/frozen fruit and vegetables. This will help things move out smoothly with less strain.

Use NON flushable baby wipes to clean up GENTLY.

Invest in a detachable shower head, I bought mine for about $20 at Walmart and installs in minutes.

Take a bath immediately after each bowel movement. Soak in slightly warm water for 20 minutes minimum. This is a must. Use a bath tub, not a sitz bath!

Then spray yourself clean on the weakest setting with slightly warm water.

I hope you find some relief!
Deleted User 4903