Calling Into Work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Calling Into Work

Postby kanegrew » 23 Feb 2016, 09:44

Hey Guys,

So these past couple days I've been a nervous wreck about calling into work about this. I tried to go in yesterday but had to leave because of the pain...it was embarrassing!! A grown man being brought to tears because of something nobody understands is not cool. Today is worse and I had to call in, I can't get out of bed or off my side. My little boy wanted me to take him to school this morning because he has a major test but instead he had to ride the bus which is fine...but I'm a single dad and he really looks forward to our rides to school in the morning, I give him words of encouragement...instead I'm screaming in agony. I used coconut oil for the first time last night and it worked wonders after the BM, but this morning huuuuurts!!!! I'm scared I'm going to lose my job because of absences in the past and now this.
kanegrew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Calling Into Work

Postby hurtinend » 23 Feb 2016, 10:04

get a descriptive note from your doctor. That's what I did. They can't fire you, you are in legitimate pain.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby kanegrew » 23 Feb 2016, 11:24

Thanks hurtinend, I'll check into that ASAP.
kanegrew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Manitourose » 23 Feb 2016, 13:51

Hi kanegrew,
I agree with hurtinend. See if your doctor can provide a note of explanation. My situation was a bit different, I ended up having to have a fistulotomy just before I was doing my clinical rounds for occupational therapy. Because my school's coordinator was in on the knowledge I was seeing a colorectal surgeon for something they required a note.
What I am getting at is I had to share with more people than I would have desired (program coordinator, chair of department, supervisor and always the employee's that point blank asked me), but I never had to be super specific either. I believe it just said I was under treatment for a colorectal concern and that is what I told people. People were much more understanding than I thought they would be.
It's challenging but I learned from the moment I got scheduled for surgery (for a fistula) that more people started opening up about knowing someone or having their own rectal issues. But I say do what you are most comfortable with, that is most important. Even if you just keep it between yourself and HR.

PS: Sounds like you are an amazing dad!!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby SurvivorX » 23 Feb 2016, 14:29

This is the third month Im off work because of fissure operation. I had a couple of them in the past and when I came back to work in a hurry wound always split again - so Im not in a hurry to come back. When I do Ill look for a job less stressful since stress is always related.
Yes it sounds like you're an amazing dad - what makes this condition even harder is the people that depend on you - I am a dad myself I have a 3 months old son - Im praying every day I get better so that I could be a good father to him.
May I ask - do you have have close relative that can look after you and help you out with this condition - it`s always good to have someone close in times like these to lift your spirits up.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14