8weeks into diltiazem the fissure back

Fissure back 8weeks into diltiazem what next?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8weeks into diltiazem the fissure back

Postby missy moo » 11 Sep 2017, 17:24

Hi everyone please help me I'm at my wits end I got my fissure 4 years ago from a hard bm ever since then it's been on an off gone for a few weeks then back only recently have I been taking it seriously an 4 months ago I started diltiazem cream everytime I had a big/small set back I started the 6-8 all over again the last 8 weeks have been amazing no pain no discomfort so on tmyhe morning of my last day ready to stop the cream just this last day to go bam the fissure was back because a bit of my bm was more formed or harder but 90% was softI had the glass pain during an pain for the day today is the second day glass pain anmore pain after I don't know what to do I can't control my body an my bms I eat the same thing everyday an drink enough water everyday I the cream 3x a day now Im thinking do I do another 8 weeks of the cream I've already been useing it for 4 months or do I do botox or is it a case of it the cream don't work botox won't either should i just get the lis??? Please help me
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: 8weeks into diltiazem the fissure back

Postby LemonMan » 12 Sep 2017, 02:25

Hi missy, so sorry to hear your set back. After taking Diltiazem for the best part of a year, my own personal belief is, after your fissure has become chronic (i.e. formed into an open sore) all the creams do is treat the symptoms. In fact, in my own case I felt they even made things worse in the end, so I came off them. Some people have reported some success with them, but it's usually in the early months.

Botox is the next logical step if Diltiazem doesn't work, and is quite often done with a fissurectomy to improve the chances. It works for about 60% of people (who presumably had no joy with the creams).

Personally I would go for that, but obviously talk to your Doc/CRS to see what they think.

Best, LM
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 12 Sep 2017, 09:27

Thanks for your post please tell me your story from the start an what you tried what ended up working? The annoying part is during that 8 weeks I didn't even have any discomfort I was back to my pre fissure self could sit for hours does that happen an still a very unlikely to stay healed an eventually will retear because of the scar tissue? I'm at a point now where I feel like the scar is just so big after 4years of healing an re opening that nothing will work until i have the scar removed here in nz they remove the scar tissue an scin tag and do lis should i try botox an fissurectomy first? Then leave lis till last resort? No point me just having botox tomorrow right? As that's just a longer form of the cream won't fix the scar will just prolong things in the long run. I think creams an or botox are for new fissures not old on going cronic ones like you say.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 12 Sep 2017, 15:12

Do you think the cream won't work for me even though I had 0 pain 0 bleeding during the last 8 weeks then just a slightly more formed bm an boom it was back but since I had my life fully back is that just what the cream dies is give you false hope? It was healed during this time I believe but that weak scar was just waiting for its opportunity I guess :roll:
missy moo
King Fissure