Re-tear with no pain?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re-tear with no pain?

Postby rw76 » 28 Feb 2016, 13:42

Hi there!
I was here in 2013 for four horrible months that took me to heal from a fissure and then a minor fistula.
Today I used the restroom and to my shock I was greeted with a decent amount of fresh blood in the tp and the bowl :groan:

Not really constipated - might have strained though. Of course I freaked a bit because as you all know we live in fear of being here again. So I hopped into the bath, and then inspected and I think I see some internal hemorrhoid, and the beginning of what looks to me like a possible fissure in the same area if I remember correctly that I had it before. And even worse I see a couple of little pimple like things one of sure perhaps two. I am pretty sure I had that when I had either the fissure or later with the fistula.

The thing is I don't really have pain *YET* maybe a bit of burning while I inspected. Can I have this without pain? not sure!

I am guessing that the best thing I can do is called my colorectal surgeon who was awesome and get checked ASAP. I really hope this is a minor thing and I don't go through the hell I went through back in 2013.

Has anybody been in a similar situation?

Thanks for listening!
rw76
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Re-tear with no pain?

Postby brokenbottom » 28 Feb 2016, 17:57

Oh no I can imagine how upsetting this must be! If I ever get rid of this damn thing I certainly don't want it to threaten to come back! But sounds like you've done all the right things. Fingers crossed that it's just a blip. Come back and let us know!
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby rw76 » 29 Feb 2016, 12:29

Well everything was fine this am. I still went ahead and made an appt with CRS but that is not going to be until end of March :( We will see! I hope you feel better soon broken bottom - I know very well how it felt to think I might never go back to normal but I did and I have been problem free for 3 years. Fingers crossed that you get there soon and that this is nothing for me.
rw76
Salt Bather

Postby brokenbottom » 29 Feb 2016, 15:52

Yep - we just need to keep hoping and coping!
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3

Postby Canadabum » 29 Feb 2016, 16:44

rw76....sorry to hear about the set back. I hate it when that happens.

Your decision to make an appointment is wise -- good to get the pimple things checked out. If you are not having much pain with the BM...but just blood, it may point to hemmies rather than a new fissure.

Try calling your Doc. and getting on a cancellation list...call each week and remind them you are waiting for an appointment...sometimes it helps speed up the process.

good luck and keep us posted.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby rw76 » 01 Mar 2016, 15:20

I probably spoke too soon - I did have mild pain about 30 min after bm. Mild though and lasted for about an hour. Hoping it is just something minor. Will keep being careful and look forward to the appt. The doctor is on vacation so it will be unlikely that I will get in before then. At least I am not in bad pain. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
rw76
Salt Bather