There is a glassy fireplace in my ass

UK newbie to the site looking for pain relief

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

There is a glassy fireplace in my ass

Postby Deleted User 5098 » 01 Apr 2016, 20:11

Hi,

I have found this site out of desperation and I'm really at odds with what to do to ease this pain.

I have had a fissure since Jan, but not been taken seriously by doctors enough to act quickly to have perhaps prevented this.

I am female, 26, suffering from severe anxiety, and I also have IBS (I have been doing very well on the IBS front though, or so I thought..I used to get diarrhoea, not it seems to have turned down a different road).

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all the personal details so heres the facts.

I believe I have a severe/chronic anal fissure although this has not been officially diagnosed (doc put down constipation as no visual exam but said he'd treat me for fissure). I'm pretty sure I also have a sentinal pile which is about 4/5mm diameter and grew to that size from a small bump yesterday.

For 2.5 days i have been using lactulose twice a day, rectogesic also twice a day and taking two senna tablets at night. The senna does not seem to working so tonight I have taken dulcolax instead.

So I have a few problems:

My arse is too tight to apply the rectogesic internally, my sphincter is so tight it just pushes the ointment down my finger.

The pain is getting worse, today I could not sit down without excruciating amounts of pain and could barely walk. To be honest lying down is also a challenge and I'm frequently screwing my face up in pain.

Had a small BM this morn but it was not toothpaste like and ripped me open again, even air hurts to pass through so I need to get it to be water but don't know how.

I tried to go for a BM this evening thinking I might be able to but when I looked in the bowl there was just blood, lots of blood :(

Right now of those issues the pain is my biggest problem, I'm taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but I still can't handle it. I also did my first sitz bath today which helped briefly, but only whilst I was in the water. I feel like I need some local anaesthetic, or just someone to cut the whole bloody thing out and fit me with a tube!

If anyone has any quick fix pain relief ideas I would be so grateful. I have seen about heat pads so will try to pick some of those up (if I can walk to the shop tomorrow). I have also seen there are pain relief versions of anusol (I was using anusol for about 3 weeks before weds just gone) but I'm worried it might react badly with the explosive nitroglycerin in my anus! ...or just not be effective because rectogesic is like an oil slick.

Please help :(
Deleted User 5098

Re: There is a glassy fireplace in my ass

Postby Canadabum » 01 Apr 2016, 21:50

Hi Bed...
:wel:
I am sorry to hear you are in such pain...your description of a glassy fireplace up your butt is bang on. That is exactly my experience too...and that of many others.

First off -- you do NOT need to apply the nitro up your butt. Just smear it around d your anus and the medicinal ingredients will be well absorbed from there. It is not any more helpful to put it up there...few!!

I wish there was a quick fix...here is a slower approach.

Heat - sit on heating pads, hot water bottles.

Bath - take as many as you can...warm to hot. Sitz or full. You said it helps so keep it up. Also good for keeping it clean down there which is important.

Ibuprofen- it's your friend. Try to take before a bm.

Vaseline - try to apply before a bm as a barrier.

Food/ Water - make sure you are well hydrated...6-8 glasses of water a day and eat soft foods that include lots of fruit and veg and soluble fibre.

Softener - Miralax. Get some asap and use. It will keep your bm soft and help you heal.

Keep us posted on how you are doing...hang in there...in time you will feel better.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 5098 » 02 Apr 2016, 12:12

Thank you so much Canadabum :)

I am doing most of those things but will definitely try getting some miralax/movicol.

Sat on a hot water bottle today which has made me a bit more comfortable but I could do more sitz baths.

The dulcoease I took (bisacodyl) gave me cramps at 6am but nothing happened :( so taken two more today and just keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice on the nitro, I won't try and force it now which should help the fairly traumatic procedure!

Luckily I'm not in as much pain today (like 7/10 rather than 10/10) but I'm just praying I have a BM as all I can think about is it hardening inside me, although I'm pretty sure I'll go back up to 10 after a BM :S

Thanks for your help :)
Deleted User 5098

Postby Canadabum » 02 Apr 2016, 13:21

The miralax will likely solve the hardening issue...go get some now :).
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby fieldingmellish » 05 Apr 2016, 10:21

Question about Miralax: it says on the bottle not to use for more than 7 days....is this right? it seems like people on here use it everyday...?
fieldingmellish
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2