New here...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here...

Postby QQ_QQ » 10 Apr 2016, 10:16

Hi,

First time poster but long time lurker of this forum. I'm a 28 year old male and first got my fissure about 3 months ago. Started because of a hard wipe at work with the sand paper at work they call tp. At first I ignored it thinking it was just hemmroids and would let it go away on its own, the pain started becoming unbearable and I self diagnosed myself with fissures. Tried everything I could from reading this forum and articles online but nothing seemed to help.

I went to a clinic and they diagnosed me with hemmroids but I knew it wasn't the case because Ive had hemmroids in the past and this pain was way more painful. BMs from hell and the constant pain afterwards for 10 hours. Can't sleep, can't sit.. Can't do anything. I went back to that same clinic and told the doctor that I think its a fissure but he was adamant that it was a hemmroid so he gave me proctofoam.

2 weeks later I was at work and had one of the worst BMs in a while and decided to go to the hospital. Doctor there finally diagnosed me with anal fissures and I was given nifedipine and the "drink lots of water and eat a lot of fibre". I also started using restoralax.

A few days later I started feeling better. Pain during BM was almost completely gone and then a week later BM pain was non existent. But I still had pain slightly while just sitting down or doing regular chores and whatnot. Anyways, last week I decided I was healed enough to finally have a meal that I've been craving for a while though thinking of it now, that was a terrible idea. I had some Popeyes chicken. It was just as good as I remember it. The next morning though, the Bm was soft like usual but I guess there was sharp bits so I felt a retear. It was the worst 10 seconds of my life. Knowing everythjng I worked towards was gone.

Two days ago I had an appointment with a CRS and he said everything was going good and I should just follow what I was doing before and to see him in 3 months again.

Anyways, the reason for this long winded post is, even though my BMs now have been as soft and thin as toothpaste I still feel pain when going to the bathroom and the residual pain afterwards. I'm not sure what to do now to go back to how things were. I'm still taking stool softener and eating right and drinking lots of water but it still hurts. No matter how thin and soft the BMs are.

Help?
QQ_QQ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New here...

Postby Canadabum » 11 Apr 2016, 13:04

QQ

:wel:

So sorry you are going through this...you found the right group of people to discuss this with...we have all been through or are going through similar issues/challenges.

I wish there was a magic bullet for the pain...it will take some time to settle down. The amount of time depends on the person and how you respond to conservative treatments.

Good that you are eating well and taking a softener -- things to add to the repertoire:

Fissure Cream -- use some 3x a day.
Heat -- try sitting on a heating pad/hot water bottle throughout the day
Baths -- take warm sitz or full baths as often as you can (keep clean and soothe the area)
Cold -- i found cold also helped with extreme pain
Time -- this part sort of sucks....it takes time

Good luck with each day -- take it all in stride, you will start to feel normal after following your regimen.

All best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: New here...

Postby QQ_QQ » 11 Apr 2016, 14:05

Thanks Canadabum.

I'm using Nifepidipne and sitz baths already. I'll have to look into picking up a heating pad. to sooth the pain throughout the day i guess. It's definitely more manageable than it was 2 months ago since i changed my diet, but i'm starting to lose patience...
QQ_QQ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2