Nifedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Nifedipine

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 17:29

I did get completely heal from the fissure. I did not experiecne a lot of spasms as the others did here except for during my period.

Yes, you definitely want to get your butt issues solved before having another baby as they will just cause more! :kids:

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 18:51

Helllo,
I have used Nefedipine since June 07. I just filled my last script and once I use this up then I am done. I had two shot of Botox, with that my diet , my supplements, water and baths I have healed this AF. Th cream cause no side effects at all with me. My CRS said I can use it as long as I feel I need it.
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Mar 2008, 18:56

I absolutely agree with Lecia !!! Maybe you are asking too much of yourself and forgot what priorities are : (. You not only have a baby but are full time student - that alone is too much stress on you and your family. Now that you have a fissure on top of everything is making your situation even more complicated : ((. You should put your baby and you first on the list of priorities : ( now. I have teens but decided to have LIS so I can be mentally and physically available to them 24/7. I think today women are under so much pressure "to do it all at the same time" and it is just impossible. One part of your life than must suffer : (((.
Please take care of yourself, and next baby will come when the timing is better - when you heal both physically and mentally. As Lecia said, next pregnancy can make things worse, so take one step at a time Image
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 02 Mar 2008, 22:00

I totally agree with you - it is hard to be mentally available to your kids with a fissure. Women always try to do everything at once - and I am so guilty of that.
Thanks to you and a few others, I am not afraid of LIS anymore. However, I don't think I'm there quite yet. My fissure is almost healed. If I could just stop the tension & spasms with my BM's, I will be better. I have only been on the nifedipine for 3 weeks - I am going to try to give it a few months. I have to take this one day at a time. If my fissure retears again, I will get the LIS...I won't live like this anymore.
If I decide on the surgery, it will be hard to schedule it, but I will make it happen. Life is very hard for me now. I have school, the baby, my fissure, this hepatitis scare from the dirty syrings, AND my husband is deployed. Even if I wanted the surgery now, I couldn't have it because I need help with my baby for my recovery. Sadly, I have no family in town to help out.
I can't thank you all for your educational & emotinal support!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Mar 2008, 00:48

Oh dear Jan - this is all just too much Image !!! I don't even know what to say to make you feel better - to have a husband deployed to a war zone ...I mean... I would just die :pale: :( :( .... I now think that you should definitely sue that clinic for emotional damages - that fund will at least cover for a good nanny when you are not around !!! Can your Mom or some Aunt come to live with you for a while ??? I know I would do that for my daughter before she would have a chance to even ask !!!
I wish you all the best. Take care please and take it easy ...you are for now all that your baby has : ((( ! I HATE THIS WAR !!!! I know what WAR is ... :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 08:59

I have been using Nefedipine for over 3 months now. At higher doses (5%) if gave me bad headaches, at 2.5% no headaches. I asked to have it increased to 3% for more effective healing and I get headaches again. A couple of CRS' told me that patients that tend to get headaches from Nifedipine usually don't get them on Nitro, and vice versa.
However, if I've learned anything with medicine from this fissure its that we all react differently.

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 10:09

Wow=to say that sucks would be an understatement. I cannot imagine havng a young child and being essentially a single parent and dealing with this. Something may have to give here. You need to keep yourself sane and healthy.