Bleeding & Pain for over 5 years

Anal Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Bleeding & Pain for over 5 years

Postby Sensation » 08 May 2016, 21:28

Hi. I've had Bleeding & Pain for over 5 years. Earlier this year I went in for the bleeding and pain, and the Colorectal Surgeon I seen said that I had a Fistula along with a Large External Hemorrhoid so I asked him to do surgery on me to remove both. And he said he would, so it was scheduled for Feb 18th, and afterwards my husband told me that Dr. Baker had said it wasn't a Fistula after all, I just had a lot of Internal Hemorrhoids. So after that I went home & the pain was a lot less for a lil while, and the bleeding subsided a lot for a lil while, but then right before my post op visit in March it all come back full force and I ended up with the same burning pain I had before surgery as if nothing had changed at all, and I started filling the toilet with blood again. So I went to see Dr. Baker again for my post op visit and he said that an Anal Fissure had formed on the surgery site, and this is not the first time I've had a Fissure. I've had them off & on for years. After that visit he told me if the bleeding & pain doesn't stop in two weeks to call him back, but I couldn't cause we couldn't afford it for awhile. So I ended up calling him back near the end of April and got an appointment set up for June 2nd. Unfortunately it's the soonest I could get in. I'm gonna ask him to test me for Crohn's Disease cause back when he first examined me before my surgery, he asked me if I had Crohn's or Colitis, and I said not as far as I know. But it just got me wondering cause of having problems with Fissures for years. All I know is this is so depressing, and I just really hope that he has a solution. Cause I've tried every type of ointment for this AF nothing works. And I won't have a Botox Injection cause I imagine that would be expensive, besides I've heard bad things about it, bad outcomes. I guess the only real option would probably be surgery again probably, but I won't really know til I talk to Dr. Baker.
Sensation

Topics: 1

Re: Bleeding & Pain for over 5 years

Postby myrear » 10 May 2016, 20:32

Sorry you are having so many issues. It seems most everyone here has chronic ongoing problems. I have always been a firm believer in second opinions, especially since it appears your doc. misdiagnosed you initially. There is a lot of info on this site. Wish you well.
myrear
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 11 May 2016, 18:58

:wel: Sensation, to our forum.

Suggest using our search, and use it by topic, for you specific problems. Hope this might be of some help to you: search.php
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sensation » 17 May 2016, 20:09

ty for your replies. And sorry for my delayed reply. I didn't see any posts at all for a few days so I didn't think anyone was gonna reply. I might seek a second opinion if things don't change with Dr. Baker. I'm not sure what is going on really.
Sensation

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here