Felix diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Felix diary

Postby felix » 05 Feb 2016, 06:14

So thought I would finally start a diary, more for my own sanity than anything else!
I have had my AF since last jan..felt almost healed until early December and then suddenly had pain with bm again, which CRS thought was scar tissue/ inflammation etc... I am now back on diltiazem and have a stingy area on the opposite side to where my fissure was that stings when I go to the loo and if I touch it too much but is otherwise fine.
I am unsure what to try and my gp seems utterly unbothered by the whole thing. Would love to just be normal again!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Felix diary

Postby felix » 13 Feb 2016, 16:07

So all settled down for a few days and then today ( interestingly around the time I ovulate) I had some irritation and aching pain after my bm. I went to gp last week and she suggested going on birth control pill as this may regulate my hormones and as allot of my fissure issues are mid cycle or at beginning/end of period, she thinks the regulation of hormone levels may help.
I am not convinced and just feel a hot hopeless at the moment, I can live with the slight pain but it just seems to be all over the place. A sting at the top near my old episiotomy scar, swollen painful sentinel pile at the posterior position, aching muscles randomly and sometimes all over soreness if I touch my bottom...can this ever get better? I think about it every day which I know doesn't help but I have been dealing with this for so long, it is almost a learnt behaviour to worry about it. I keep reading the success story and hoping I will be one of them one day but at the moment just feel bloody done in by it and want my life back as it was with no worries about pooing and bottoms!!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 18 Feb 2016, 06:01

Started on magnesium at larger dose and this has really helped my bm stay soft. Everything was fine and then randomly this morning I woke up with really tight feeling in my bottom followed by a sore bm, even though it was soft and achy pain on left side.. I really don't get it, I can see no damage and can't imagine a super soft bm could have caused any damage, could it????
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 13 May 2016, 01:34

So have been having acupuncture and still taking bag magnesium Nd this combined with good diet etc. has really helped. I have a couple of days a month around my period where I get aching or soreness but on the whole feel much better... Long may it continue! Hope you are all doing ok
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 12 Oct 2016, 14:55

Still here, not sure anyone has anything to offer but just sick of bum issues... I have 2-3 weeks when all is well, no pain, no nothing and then suddenly pain and aching, itching etc again. It doesn't matter what I eat or the consistency of my stool, it just randomly all goes wrong before my period and around ovulation. I am at a loss, when it's OK, I feel brilliant but then it comes back. My crs says it's healed but I keep thinking its torn again but then it will vanish as suddenly as it appeared
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Oct 2016, 17:02

Hi Felix,
Sorry to hear that....not much to offer in advice but have you tried the birth control pill...the one where you don't actually get periods, if it's mainly hormone induced could the pill help perhaps even if you were only on it for a while
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20