Two Month Success

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Two Month Success

Postby OuchThatHurts » 14 May 2016, 17:28

Hi All,

I just thought I'd quickly note what worked for me. I don't want to go as far as saying that it is completely healed, but it is better, and I haven't had any bleeding for two months now. I had quite a large fissure, that reopened on a couple of occasions, and was very painful.

The worst thing is having hard stool, or having to strain at all, so my focus was softening it up and lubrication.

So what helped me:

Psyllium husk, or as it is also known as Konsyl-D. One glass in the morning with breakfast, one in the evening with dinner.

Plenty of fibre - fruit and veggies. I went well overboard with this when I first had occurrences of the fissure. I want to make sure that my BMs were nearly liquidy and came out easy. Also, avoiding non-fibre foods, and red meat/too much protein. For me, protein takes a lot longer to digest, and it obviously has no fibre making it more likely to form hard stool.

I got prescribed rectogesic ointment, which I don't think actually helped with the healing. However, I applied some to the anus before a BM to help lubricate it to allow the stool to pass easier.

Suppositories - I put one in at night just before I went to sleep to help lubricate the first part of the stool in the morning. (I have BMs first thing int he morning). Ideally, you'd put it in a couple of hours before a BM.

Hot baths with epsom salts. Again, I think this helped the overall process. The hot water brings blood to the surface of the skin and helps to heal the wound - as that area typically has bad blood flow.

Avoiding coffee - simply for me, coffee makes me go more often, and I didn't want that so I cut it out for the firs month and am now slowly reintroducing it.

So that was it. It hasn't been an easy two months by any stretch of the imagination, but I think I am finally going in the right direction.

I hope this helps.
OuchThatHurts

Topics: 1

Re: Two Month Success

Postby pinpin » 31 May 2016, 07:27

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I am indeed happy to hear about your improvements, fingers crossed you keep that condition and heal completely. Try to keep diet even after it completely heals, as it takes time for skin to get stronger.

Important is to avoid straining by any means.

Thank you for sharing tips, helped you. Please post on how are you doing nowadays.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good