New to this forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to this forum

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Jun 2016, 19:15

Thanks for the diary. So glad you got your life back. Keeps me believing in the weeks to come Newtothis. I miss my gym and running too. But most of al I miss being a fun mom and planning things for them. Maybe one day when this is all over I will make it up to the kids.
Question : Is there a good Botox diary here, any of you recommend ? I am anxious to know when it "kicks in" and relaxes the internal anal spincter.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Newtothis » 07 Jun 2016, 00:50

I can't recommend a specific thread on Botox but the search button on top of this page may help you find one. I am still not sure what I actually felt/feel from the Botox. During the first three weeks my sphincter was very relaxed, but I doubt if it's from the Botox or just from the surgery itself. I am now starting to show some quick spasm after going to the toilet each time (incl. peeing) but I thought Botox would work longer than 3 weeks hence why I'm not sure if this is related. Maybe somebody could advise?

I read on this forum many people saying they wouldn't recommend lifting heavy weights. I have been seeing a highly recommended CRS in London and he has mentioned from the start that I can go back to the gym as soon as I want to, and that I should include heavy squats too if I like them. He mentioned this wouldn't put any stress on the wound. I know opinions vary, but I am now back to the gym and I don't think the wound is put under any pressure by my weight lifting. The slightest there is some rubbing with my clothes which is a bit uncomfortable but that's about it.
Newtothis
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 06:45

Wow! That's great . Thanks for that post. I think the body let's you know. I tried running a couple miles a couple weeks ago pre Botox with fissure pain and it hurt like hell. But walking the rest of it and it was ok. So now I only walk. I am also trying yoga as I think anything that contracts the pelvic muscles is hurting me more. Yoga on the other hand is relaxing for me. So happy for you , keep with the diet .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Newtothis » 14 Jun 2016, 00:27

Now 4 weeks post op and I have my life back. BMs do hurt still but only a very little bit. The wound is still there, it's red but the swolleness is starting to settle. I don't feel the wound anymore during the day except for in exceptional circumstances. My BMs have become regular again and I continue to be careful with my diet. I am fully back to the gym with heavy weight lifting and don't find this to be putting any strain on the wound.
Newtothis
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 14 Jun 2016, 07:48

That is fantastic. The biggest blessing I can give you
May you be Forever Fissure Free
Cheers !
Healingthroughdiet
VIP