Botox

Does Botox ever work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox

Postby Mypoorbutt » 31 May 2016, 09:52

Oh no sore that's not good, is it the horrid spasming pain or the stinging and burning?
I'm going to have a fissurotomy with mine so am expecting some pain...hoping to persuade my gp to give me some Valium for first 3 days.
Yes please do keep me updated
Fingers crossed it all goes well
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby sore » 01 Jun 2016, 19:32

Hi MPB,

So, one and a half days on I am feeling much better. The initial pain was a pretty bad throbbing (not quite the same as the spasming pain, but similar) as well as a feeling of just soreness and bruising. But like I said, I think that was probably more to do with having a colonoscopy than the botox injection.

Yesterday, I was still in quite a bit of bot pain - sitting hurt and I couldn't really stay seated for more than about 5 minutes, so I spent a lot of my time on my feet or lying down. Thankfully I wasn't working that day as I wouldn't have been able to anyway.

But today I have woken up with no pain and have been sitting quite comfortably for the last 30 minutes. I haven't had a BM since the procedure so we will see how that goes when it happens. The doctors warned me I may pass wind without any control but so far that also hasn't happened. Thankfully.

Will keep updating. :) When are you due for yours?
sore
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Jun 2016, 22:11

Owch doesn't sound too great, but the bad pain appears not to have lasted for too long. I'm planning on taking it easy for 3 days as I figure that will hopefully get me through the worst of it.
I'm due mine on Monday...quite scared never had an anaesthetic so that freaking me out more than the actual procedure at the moment.
Really do need it to work though as can't cope with the pain when it's bad.
Yes please do keep updating it helps to know what could happen
Thanx
Mypoorbutt

Postby sore » 06 Jun 2016, 22:26

Hi MPB,

Sorry for the silence over the last few days. I know you had your procedure yesterday - how did it go?

For my part, a week in, things are okay. The "wound" site (I'm assuming where they gave me the injection) is a lot less tender and I was even able to do a lot of driving yesterday (over 3 hours in the car all up) - I was in pain and took iboprufen every 6 hours and had a long, hot bath at the end of the day but I survived. It took 6 days to have a BM (eek!) but the pain afterwards only lasted a few hours.

Not sure I can tell any major difference yet between pre- and post- botox... I think time will tell, and from what I have heard, a lot of people noticed considerable improvement after two weeks.

I hope your surgery went well.

Take care.
sore
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 03:38

Hi sore, glad to see your okay if not majorly improving, I am really dreading my first BM and due to my IBD have decided to fast for a few days then start very slowly lol.
The surgery was ok although being a total wuss I was seriously freaking out about being put to sleep...but hey I woke up so that's a big plus right there lol.
Was in serious pain last night the Valium didn't even touch it so just an hours sleep for me...I have started a diary as I think I will need to vent on a regular basis plus I wanted to write an honest opinion of whether Botox is useful in starting the healing process of what I have now been told is one of the worst fissures my CRS has ever seen...I know this isn't an end option for me and that I will probably need LIS sometime in the winter but it's a start on the right road
Thanks for your kind thought
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby brokenbottom » 07 Jun 2016, 03:45

Hello MPB. Surgery is really scary - I was wheeled through for my LIS in tears. It's normal to be frightened.

Hope you heal well and that first BM isn't too troublesome. Rest up and treat yourself kindly. BB x
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Jun 2016, 04:29

Hi BB,
Glad to know I'm not the only one lol...trust me there were quite a few tears...my heartbeat was racing...they were like try and calm down...errrr like that was going to happen.
I'm hoping not to go to the loo till Saturday and fingers crossed it's just the once...I went 15 times on Friday but think that was because I was literally pooping myself in fear about being out to sleep lol x
Mypoorbutt