Anal fissure keeps reopening

My fissure heals after some time of using an OTC cream but opens as soon as i insert something

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure keeps reopening

Postby radubradu » 15 Jun 2016, 02:36

Hello everyone
I hope this is the right place to post this.
I have been having problems with an anal fissure for years now. I did the botulin toxin injection but that didn't help. I managed to treat it with healthy eating and exercise and over the counter creams and using lube when I have a stool. I don't know if it ever really heals fully. The pain is gone but I can still feel it with my finger. And as soon as I try to insert a small dildo, it opens up again with horrible pain.
The last doctor I've seen told me it's too small to operate and that I should manage it with diet and exercise.
The thing is that I enjoy anal sex and even though my partner is very understanding about it, it takes away from the pleasures of our sex life.
I know I can eliminate the pain through diet and exercise and by using a cream, but my question is: will this damn thing ever heal?? Will I ever be able to have anal sex again? Or should I just resign myself to a life without anal sex?
radubradu

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure keeps reopening

Postby thedude » 15 Jun 2016, 21:11

Have you considered getting a second opinion? If it's re-tearing then I would think they would be more inclined to operate on it.
thedude
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Anal fissure keeps reopening

Postby Brian_S » 17 Jun 2016, 16:07

I am not the expert on this, but anal sex would be the LAST thing I want nowadays. You might just have to bite the bullet and not do it, at least for now. I love steak and used to eat it every other day. But those days are gone for me (at least for now), for fear of having hard stools. Just willing to make the sacrifice.
Brian_S

Topics: 1