GTN, nefedepine etc and hemmies

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

GTN, nefedepine etc and hemmies

Postby Guest » 04 Mar 2008, 10:57

Just wondered if anyone knows if GTN, nefedepine, diltiazem are ok to take with hemmies. Do they do any harm to hemmies. Just wondered becuase they obviously increase blood flow and I am guessing that is not a great thing for hemmies but good for fissures. Any feedback pls?

Re: GTN, nefedepine etc and hemmies

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Mar 2008, 11:00

If it doesn't sting or burn and you can handle it, then I see no real problem in it, except you're ingesting a pretty strong BP med, so you'd also have to take into account how your body will react to it.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 04 Mar 2008, 11:00

the creams often make my rear sting. I don't think they are very good for the hemmies, but hen I read an article that discussed the use of nitro to treat hemmies.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 04 Mar 2008, 11:18

I have read some lit that suggested that diltiazem could be useful for external hemorrhoids as it helps to bring blood flow to the area to help break up the thrombosis (if it is thrombosed). But if it stings at all, I don't think you are doing yourself any favors by using it.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Mar 2008, 11:40

As for the nitro cream, it has such a powerful effect on the cardiovascular system, I would avoid if I could...
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 04 Mar 2008, 13:33

I actually think Dr.s use nitro cream for hemmies...I would check out the web.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Mar 2008, 14:25

I would like to add that those creams do not only promote circulation but relax muscles which is other very important aspect of promoting healing of the fissure. They do that by blocking Ca channels.
I know I read somewhere that CRS sometimes do LIS in hemorrhoid patients to promote healing, so I would assume that muscle relaxation is important for hemmies too.
I would definitely try cream - if it causes side effects it is easy to stop using it. I used both of them for 5 months and only side effect I had from Nitro is mild headache occasionally, and some stinging in anal area, also only if I would overdo it ! At one point I used both creams during the day (my CRS wanted me to try it).
Both medications are used for heart patients because they have beneficial effect on circulatory system and the heart, so I don't see any problem in using them.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61