Newbie: Long term fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie: Long term fissure

Postby wales » 21 Jun 2016, 10:05

Hey everyone
Really happy to have found a community on here about this dreaded subject, I hope someone here can help me!

Ive had a fissure now for around 8 years maybe, I went to my gp, got given creams etc, it came and went but nothing really worked long term.

Since then ive not been back to the doctor and ive put it to the back of my mind until now, im fed up of seeing blotches of bloody on tissue (100% a fissure and not coming from inside) and sharp pains on my bum., recently ive kinda "leaked" a bit of watery,browny blood and its been in my boxers. sorry to be graphic.Time to get rid of this bad boy for good!

A part of me is embarrassed to go to the doctor again with it so im wondering if anyone has any advice on how i can treat it from home?

I eat quite healthily, most days I have my 5 a day, I drink plenty of water as ive suffered with a kidney stone and i dont drink alcohol much, maybe on a saturday every other week. Im fit and healthy.

I do go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and lift weights, although not heavy I do strain (i imagine this is bad for it?)

Any advice on a cream or anything would be great. Thanks :)
wales

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie: Long term fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Jun 2016, 13:40

Hi wales sorry to hear your suffering,
I know you don't want to hear this but you are probably best going to the doctor. I know it's embarrassing trust me...no one wants to have to be in that position (pardon the pun) but sometimes we have to put our health over our embarrassment.
You could try lots of creams such as coconut oil, manuka honey, zinc and castor oil hypercal, doing sitz baths and heat pads but if you fissure is stubborn this may not work. The doc could give you cream that may get rid of it in 2 months then this will just be a horrid memory.
Sorry I can't be more helpful
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby wales » 21 Jun 2016, 13:52

No problem thanks for your reply.
The doctor gave me a cream previously that gave me severe, and I mean severe headaches and dizzy spells, it was far worse than the actual fissure.
I said I didn't want that cream again but he insisted I carried on. Different doctor also did the same
wales

Topics: 1

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Jun 2016, 15:09

Ah that is the cream I use...I must admit the headaches were awful for the first two weeks but as my spasms were crippling and lasted for up to 12 hours the 4 hours of banging headaches were worth it. The headaches decreased after 2 weeks and now after using it for 7 months only get the odd twinge.
I guess it's all relative...if my spasms weren't has bad there would have been no way I would have continued.
There is another cream now it's diltazem it doesn't cause headaches and I was offered that first but had an allergic reaction. Maybe you should ask for that as it does have good reviews.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 21 Jun 2016, 17:30

Hi Wales , another is a nifedipine cream or nifedipine / lidocaine compounded cream. Not sure how much it is helping me but my surgeon believes in it. I don't get headaches or a rash. Just a stinging feeling after I apply it. Does not help my pain much but she insists it helps the healing even though I have had Botox, I am still on it. Made changes to my diet as well which I put in my newbie post. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2