Finally Healing three months after LIS

Solutions for slow healing afer LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Finally Healing three months after LIS

Postby finallyhealing100 » 01 Jul 2016, 14:58

Hi everyone,

First of all, my heart goes out to all of you suffering from your AF. I had chronic AF's (2!) for the last ten years, and after being prescribed nitroglycerin ointment, diltiazem, and having had botox injections, I finally had LIS surgery and double fissurectomy surgery on April 1st of this year. The first month was very painful after BM's because of the fissurectomy but was progressively improving, and after a month, I hit a wall for 8 weeks where I felt no improvement, where I still didn't feel better than before the surgery. My doctor felt that this slow recovery process might be because of the fact that I had fissures for so long. Nonetheless, I started thinking outside the box, and have finally started healing again over the last ten days, and I wanted to share the things I have changed:
-I was taking mineral oil as a stool softener, but came across a study that says that mineral oil can impair healing of the anorectal region, so if you are not healing, this may be a culprit
-I have also given up dairy, as I read a study saying that dairy increases anal sphyncter pressure (certainly NOT what you need with an AF)
-I started receiving acupuncture three times a week, and this seems to help hugely. If you live in Los Angeles, I highly recommend Dr. David Cohen in the Mid-Wilshire area (323)852-9704. He's got excellent people skills, a wealth of knowledge, and over 30 years of experience.
-I also started using a cream called Restore, which is all natural and really soothing.

I hope that some of these tips may help you if you are in a similar situation, and hope that you heal quickly!
finallyhealing100

Topics: 1

Re: Finally Healing three months after LIS

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Jul 2016, 15:49

Hello Finallyhealing100,

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for your sympathy and it's nice in a very weird way we are in the same boat and can chat so freely about our rear ends. Something I can't do with friends or colleagues!

Thank you so much for your input I'm sure you will help a number of people, I will certainly look into the restore cream and sadly I'm in the UK otherwise I'd look up Dr Cohen!

I'm so glad your feeling a bit better, keep us posted.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Finally Healing three months after LIS

Postby finallyhealing100 » 04 Jul 2016, 18:25

Hi!

So sorry you've been suffering for so long. I wanted to add to my previous post, because I went to see another doctor, and he said the following: 95% of people heal from LIS, but of the 5% that don't, 2-3% of them finish healing with diltiazem ointment. As a result, I am using that now and finding even more healing.
Hope this helps and any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
finallyhealing100

Topics: 1