Hello! This is my 6 week story and collection of creams

Fissure? haemorrhoids? Swollen perineum & thrush.....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello! This is my 6 week story and collection of creams

Postby UKbottomproblems » 13 Jul 2016, 12:12

Hi

So I started itching 'down there' about 6 weeks ago and it started to feel sore. I checked and there looked like a cut on my perineum muscle and it felt swollen. So I tried sudocrem and then some Anusol and nothing changed. I went to the Doctor who examined me and said it looked like I had a tiny fissure and I also had thrush. So I was prescribed a thrush tablet for 2 days and clotrimazole cream.

The thrush cleaned up (I think) and the sore on the perineum looked better. But it was still very very swollen and my anus felt tight. The anal ring was very swollen (not something I have ever noticed before). So I went back to the doctor who said maybe I had piles (maybe!?) and prescribed Xylopract. But since using that the thrush seems to have come back and I have some sore spots on the skin around my anus. So I have stopped that and switched back to the clotrimazole.

My anus looks a bit purple. My perineum is very hard and swollen.

Weirdly apart from stinging I have no pain or blood. I have very soft bowel movements as I recently turned vegan so no straining.

I drink water. I eat extra wheat bran for fibre. I do yoga. I am not overweight not do I smoke. I am having salty baths.

The doctor seems a bit vague and not very interested. I am thinking of going back again to see a different GP. I am waiting on some blood tests.

I appreciate that compared to some of you, I have nothing to complain about. But I am frustrated and fed up. Plus it's affecting my relationship as I don't want any funny business to make this worse (!) and he's been lovely about it.

Any similar stories? Advice?

Thank you so much.
UKbottomproblems

Topics: 1

Re: Hello! This is my 6 week story and collection of creams

Postby Canadabum » 13 Jul 2016, 15:32

Hey UKbottomproblems...sorry that you are dealing with all this stuff down there - hopefully a bunch of people will chime in with some advice.

Sounds like your doc is a bit clueless -- personally I would try and see a colorectal surgeon...NOT because you need surgery -- but(t) (excuse the pun) because a CRS looks at hundreds of butts and anal rings and rectums each week...simply put, if you have it - they've seen it before. I'd want someone who specializes in butt issues checking mine out so that is what i would suggest. Your GP should be able to connect you with a CRS.

All best - CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: Hello! This is my 6 week story and collection of creams

Postby UKbottomproblems » 13 Jul 2016, 15:46

Thank you. I think I will see a better GP who has more experience and get referred before this gets worse. I was fine 6 weeks ago and now it's all falling apart.

Love the but comment!
UKbottomproblems

Topics: 1