Anyone still has that scratching feeling after fully healed?

feels like no progress in healing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone still has that scratching feeling after fully healed?

Postby randyyang » 06 Jul 2016, 00:29

I developed two fissures on 5 and 7 o clock after skin tag surgery on 6 o clock in May. been healed and retorn couple of times in Jun I changed my diet. After strict diet for a month make sure the stool soft enough, Haven't had pain and retear for 4 weeks now, but lately when I have BM, I can feel the fissure site was still there when stool passing by with no pain/blood at all, it just a little burning and scratching feeling. I feel like no progress in healing lately, last time i went to doc, she told me my fissure was healing , I am really confused right now, am I already healed but left there a crack or something? it doesn't feel like a skin tag at all just two line/crack on my two fissure site, little raw irritated burning sensation down there, no pain at all. Has anyone here feel the same even after your fissure fully healed?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Anyone still has that scratching feeling after fully hea

Postby SurvivorX » 07 Jul 2016, 13:39

I have that every day 6 months post op and also wonder on when this is going to dissapear.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby orangepk » 09 Jul 2016, 16:04

please answer my topic too , someone please help
orangepk

Topics: 1

Postby randyyang » 10 Jul 2016, 01:12

thanks for reply SurvivorX
sugery pain could take some time to fade away, i have a sentinal tag removal this Fub, it tooks me couple of month for that incision site to calm down, but the downside is i developed two new fissure. my question is what kind surgery did you have, Lis? did the surgery fully healed your fissure or not?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jul 2016, 10:55

I have the same scratch during and after bowel motion, I'm over a year post op and been classed as 'healed'.

Sits baths help!
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby randyyang » 12 Jul 2016, 11:05

Hi Fissurefrustration:
What kind surgery did you have? Lis or advanced Flap, How long does take to heal after OP? any other side effect?
I had some minor set back lately,,,after have one month and two weeks of no pain but some scratch feeling during BM, then I had some blood came out with BM,,,, but the what strange is I never had any blood two month ago during the worst pain/Spams,, but lately I always poop out some blood but no pain/spams afterward...even my stool are soft all these time,,, really really confused. Going to see Doc tomorrow
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 13 Jul 2016, 15:36

Randy...could it be a papilla that is causing the sensation and not the fissure?
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby randyyang » 14 Jul 2016, 01:20

Actually i went to Doc yesterday,, she said it's not the papilla at alot, my papilla are way too small, so we could ignore ,,,I still have the fissure,,she can see it, obviously a red crack down there. She said my fissure site seems better from the last visit a month ago, it was still healing, probably 50% healed,, the blood i saw is from a recent minor retorn, but it was not as deep as i have a two month ago, so that there is no pain and spams,,,,
but this time seems really hard to settle down even my diet are the same, the BM are very soft and thin, still scraped the wound a bit every time it passed by,,,, still no pain but i am afraid there is no way to have perfect non scraping BM like i have a month ago to heal the rest 50%...it's been a week i feel like no improvement at all since last setback,,, did you have this weird stage in healing process?
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 14 Jul 2016, 05:55

My healing process probably took about a full year with many setbacks...so yes, I had stages where I thought I would never heal - but in time I did. I stuck to a good diet, miralax, baths and sitz baths, lots of heat applied throughout the day...and I tried to get in a swim or a walk to help stimulate blood flow.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby positivesun » 14 Jul 2016, 12:41

Yes I am in the same boat and was wondering if anyone could answer this as well.

I am 6 months since my fissure occurred.

Doctor says I am almost completely healed, and I don't need surgery.

However I still have that slight discomfort/itch.

Does this go away? Does it take a year to feel 100% normal with no sensations? I can wait out the discomfort, I just want the knowledge that one day I will be normal again.

Thanks!
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7