My Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 07 Jun 2016, 09:52

Hello Dude, It's so good to hear positive news. It's encouraging for those of us who are going through the pain and keeps us hoping and believing . We will look forward to your 100% success story post .
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby thedude » 15 Jun 2016, 14:01

3 weeks now post op.

Still doing good with the pain, nothing really there in regards to pain. I am still getting discharge, but it seems to maybe be slowing down now. I've noticed that when I wake up in the morning, there's not much discharge anymore on the gauze. Most discharge is during the day which makes sense as I'm more active, but still the fact that I don't have as much discharge after waking up I think is a sign of this thing slow wrapping up.

I did get some blood yesterday after a BM, but I believe that was my fault for maybe being a little to aggressive with the toilet paper. Typically I use a bottle to squirt things off down there then gently dab away with the toilet paper after that. After my 3'rd or 4'th dab is when i got the bright red blood which I believe was me maybe aggravating the incision. If I'm at home, I just use the bottle to rinse off then hop in the shower real quick to finish the job. I wish I had that luxury of a shower at work, but I don't.

The site of incision is no longer tender. For the first 1-2 weeks, it was super tender down there, and any touching even just the lightest touch would trigger some pretty good pain for a minute or so. Kind of like if you have an open wound and you touch that.

I have my 2'nd follow up appointment next Tuesday with my CRS surgeon, but I think we're still on the right path. I actually took a picture this morning of that area just cause I was curious what it looked like, and I can't really tell that there's any sort of incision down there anymore.

I am still taking miralax daily, and try to get my fiber in as well, but I've been able incorporate some foods back in my diet that I use to not want to eat out of fear of doing something bad.

Will see what the good Doctor says on Tuesday about everything, but hoping to hear him say it's all healing up nicely.
thedude
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby thedude » 21 Jun 2016, 13:47

Had my second follow up visit with my CRS today. This is almost 1 month from when I originally had the surgery.

Things are still doing very well. No pain with bowel movements, been off the pain pills for quite some time now. I even cheated in a big way yesterday. If any of you are familiar with the restaurant Texas de Brazil, I was able to enjoy quite a hefty meal there yesterday which was awesome.

CRS says that things are healing up nicely down there, but I do still have some healing to do. He said my muscles are all good down there, I'm assuming he's talking about my muscle tone since he did have to cut part of my muscle due to the fissure starting to burrow.

He seems to think 1 more month and I'll be healed. The slightly green discharge I do get is normal along with the more clear / blood tinged discharge.

So that's it. Not fully healed, but he said it is definitely well on it's way to being healed, and that he will keep seeing me until he see's that it is fully healed. He told me that the skin down there will be white once it's healed and not red like it is now. Red = blood flow to the area and open wound still, white = wound is healed.

That's all for now. Probably won't update anymore until the next appointment which hopefully will be an update saying that I'm healed up.
thedude
Salt Bather

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 21 Jun 2016, 13:54

Yay so glad to hear of your progress and go hear that your life is back. Wishing you a smoothish road all the way to 100% and may you live fissure free forever.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby thedude » 19 Jul 2016, 08:37

Another update here:

Just finished my 2 month follow up appointment and still doing good. A little disappointed as the Doctor said I'm not fully healed yet. Though he did say I'm about 90% healed and he thinks I'll be good by the 3 month follow up appointment. He put some silver nitrate down there to help promote healing, and then said see you in a month!

So while it was a little disappointing, it was still nice to know that I'm almost healed and haven't had any regression. I didn't expect it to be healed though as occasionally there will be a tiny bit of discomfort, but nothing even close to painful. More like a slight burning sensation when you have a BM after eating some spicy, I believe it's either the new skin down there stretching some during the BM or just spicy food I've eaten lol.

I do still have discharge, but it seems to primarily be after a BM. Other times there is minimal to no discharge, but I do still use gauze down there and the CRS said to get them as close to the wound / anus as I can as it helps to wick liquid away and promote new skin growth.

Other than that, that's all I have. BM's are painless, no stressing over them. I don't have to hop in the bath anymore and pray for relief. I don't have to apply diltiazem down there anymore. It's pretty awesome.
thedude
Salt Bather

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 19 Jul 2016, 19:39

Yay! 90% sounds like great progress - more importantly you have your life back! That's awesome! May it be 100% next visit. Stay careful and keep smiling :)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP