Dilation Help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dilation Help!

Postby positivesun » 01 Aug 2016, 11:14

Hello AF friends,

I have decided to give dilation a try. My doctor says I am healed but I still feel "something" down there, in addition to a raw and itch feeling.

Another user, Alyssa, that reached this point said that Botox helped her finish healing, I would prefer to try dilation first.

I saw Savaici :Rock: stated to use a pediatric dilator set from specialty surgical. I CAN NOT for the life of me find a set, they are all individuals. If I was to buy a set, what size range should I be purchasing?

If anyone can chime in with a link to a set they used or know of it would be greatly appreciated.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Dilation Help!

Postby positivesun » 01 Aug 2016, 15:40

I called and talked to specialty surgical and they told me that I need a prescription to purchase a set from them. Anyone know how to get around this? Seems silly and strange that you need a prescription for something that is legal to posses over the counter..
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 03 Aug 2016, 05:31

I ordered mine online from them and did not use a prescription. I bought a range of them, from I think 9mm up to 15mm. If no joy from them and you have to have a prescription, I would ask for one.

There is another brand - Dilitan - and I have seen them for sale ( and bought them myself). Seen them on eBay and Amazon if I remember.

Is this the place you contacted? http://ssp-inc.com/wordpress/wp-content ... -Sheet.pdf
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby positivesun » 04 Aug 2016, 01:37

Yes that's the one Savaici!

On the bottom right it says order for Doctor _____________

Did you just put a random name or what? Haha and did you just send them the order sheet by email?

Also I saw people saying not to use any lotions, medicine, ect. on that area. I have been avoiding putting anything on that area the last few weeks and it seems like the skin is getting better.

Obviously I need lube though, was there something specific you had success with or does it not matter.

There are no words for how thankful I am for you and this site. God bless you.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby juzaaaa » 04 Nov 2016, 19:22

I started self dilating about 2 weeks ago using only my middle finger (size: around 15 mm). Will this be enough to heal my fissure and hemorroids? I do it twice a day. I also try to stretch spinchter muscles (very carefully) with my finger. I am very scared of causing new tears. Last time i dilated with dilator I got new wound in my ans. Now fissure looks better than 2 weeks ago, but my anus is still tights. Any advice?
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2016, 20:52

Read all the posts here on dilation, juzaaaa. Use the search above between FAQ and portal and search by topic. You have to be gentle and persevere. It worked for me, but it took time.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby juzaaaa » 05 Dec 2016, 22:56

Well after nearly 2 moths I am still using only my finger. Bad spasm have been gone and I am not sure if I still have a fissure or not. Still little pain with bowel movements, but it doesnt last very long. I might have some small wounds around the opening of my anus as it hurts a little when I begin to insert my finger. I massage my anus 2 times a day around 10 - 15 minutes. Should I start using dilator or stay with a finger?
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby positivesun » 31 Jan 2017, 02:19

Just wanted to report back that dilation was not successful for me. I might not have continued for long enough (tried 2 months)
positivesun
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 31 Jan 2017, 06:44

You're right, two months is not long enough. You need perseverance to be rid of pain (or the pain I was in). I was determined.

Here is my post on the subject: post119934.html?hilit=Pediatric#p119934

Read Suzljank's posts. She had double flap surgery, and to avoid stenosis developing again, she has to continue dilating.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby mamafizz » 02 Feb 2017, 17:11

Hello Savaici, I have recently been told my fissure is healed after 6 months, after Botox, and also told I have 2 hems, this was about a month and a half ago, and it is better but I too have am still having this tightening, Golf Ball feeling worse on the days I go, still can't sit, way too tight, this muscle memory has a mind of it's own and it is affecting the surrounding muscles as well. I also read a thread from someone called Reckless, I have very similar symptoms. I understand that it is only 3 weeks after I am told the fissure is healed, my main pain is the tightness and knotted higher up feeling.

Just wondering if yours was similar and this was something that was relieved and if you know of others who suffered this and eventually it subsided. Since it is involuntary muscle not sure how a PT can help this exactly. I believe God and or bodies can heal but it is taking a very long time. I have lost over 50 pounds due to this good size fissure I think in the back alittle to the right I was told by Surgeon. If you ever heard of reckless or others were healed of this same symptom it would be great to know.. Thanks Much!
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1