Help Please: Self Dilation Questions, Where to buy, etc.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Help Please: Self Dilation Questions, Where to buy, etc.

Postby Myitzu » 07 Jun 2016, 16:58

Please let me know if you found out the source that you can buy Pediatric Anal Dilator set, I was looking for me but no luck so far, thanks.
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby roman » 01 Sep 2016, 11:46

I did finally get the dilators from SSP - although I really had to go through hoops. I've been at it for a month now, and so far so good. But if anyone is still reading this old post, I have some questions about length of time and frequency.

I've been dong it for about 10 minutes a day. Savaici (to whom I've extremely grateful for her super helpful posts that helped me get the ball rolling on this process) was doing it for 6 minutes every second day.

What's the principle here? What's optimum? Would it make sense to maybe do it twice a day?

Thanks
roman

Postby Katiefish » 10 Oct 2016, 11:57

Hello new to this forum. Don't have a fissure but had fistula surgery from Crohn's which I believe caused my anal stenosis. 16 years ago I was about to have a colostomy and rectum removed due to great difficulty passing stool and long term peri-anal fistula/ abscess. The specific carbohydrate diet was miraculous for me. It all healed right up within 6 months. A cup of coffee was all I needed to pass narrowed rectal area. 2 years ago I cheated and ate potato chips and days in a row and I have been struggling ever since with my stricture. My old colorectal surgeon dialated me with his finger but doesn't do muc to help me He said the area is softer than most strictures and no sign of active disease. I would maybe like to try self dialation. But would like to hear more testimonies. I could have possibly more strictures above this one
Katiefish

Postby Savaici » 11 Oct 2016, 19:02

Plenty on here about results from self dilation. Helped me, and you will see my posts there too.

search.php?keywords=Dilation+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222