advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 20 Sep 2016, 14:59

Hi Becka,
So glad to hear you are booked in for the Botox I'm sure you will get a lot of relief and hopefully total healing from that. I'm waiting for my LIS date and pre op assessment so hopefully that will be soon.
Where in the UK are you?
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 20 Sep 2016, 15:14

Thank you, your right no one should have to suffer with this pain and for such a long amount of time x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Katie » 25 Sep 2016, 05:26

I had bottox 18 days ago and it has not worked for me of anything it's worse :(
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 25 Sep 2016, 05:35

Mypoorbutt wrote:Hi Becka,
So glad to hear you are booked in for the Botox I'm sure you will get a lot of relief and hopefully total healing from that. I'm waiting for my LIS date and pre op assessment so hopefully that will be soon.
Where in the UK are you?

Hi,

Thank you I have had Botox before it was great but formed and abscess so hopefully this time it will fully heal!! I'm in Suffolk on the border of Norfolk x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 25 Sep 2016, 05:37

Katie wrote:I had bottox 18 days ago and it has not worked for me of anything it's worse :(

Hi, So sorry to hear Botox has made it worse for you! In what way? I had Botox a year ago and I found it was great but it did take about 3 weeks to kick in? 18 days is still very early so maybe it will improve for you. Mine didn't work only due to an abcess forming half way through so I'm hoping this time il have more luck! I do hope you start to feel better soon x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 25 Sep 2016, 06:06

I don't really know much about the bottox I don't even know when it should kick in left message with hospital to ask but they not got back to me I forgot to ask on the day ! I had the bottox done on the Wednesday and the Saturday my bm was larger and ripped and been in pain since think it's a new rip before the bottox I was in a good place as I have found these fruit and fiber cubes you eat to help keep u soft and they been great for me since June but I know it was not healed I don't know what to do the receptionist at the hospital told me to get my doctor to fax and but he through as an emergency as next appointment is not till December any info u can give me would really help
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 25 Sep 2016, 06:34

Katie wrote:I don't really know much about the bottox I don't even know when it should kick in left message with hospital to ask but they not got back to me I forgot to ask on the day ! I had the bottox done on the Wednesday and the Saturday my bm was larger and ripped and been in pain since think it's a new rip before the bottox I was in a good place as I have found these fruit and fiber cubes you eat to help keep u soft and they been great for me since June but I know it was not healed I don't know what to do the receptionist at the hospital told me to get my doctor to fax and but he through as an emergency as next appointment is not till December any info u can give me would really help

I remember that I was still in a lot of pain for the first few weeks after the Botox I had to ring my consultant and ask him and I remember him saying sometime it can take a while and after that it kicked in and was bliss, no more pain and was so easy to have a bm! I don't have a problem keeping my stools soft I have a problem with straining and not being able to Finnish properly so if anyone knows of anything to help with that would be great! It sounds to me like it hasn't kicked in yet and sounds like you have had a re-tear which is horrible, can you not get some diltiazam from the gp to help it along while your waiting? Lots of hot baths and I use a heated pad to sit on which helps, I also use coconut oil on my fissure before a bowel movement that may help?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 25 Sep 2016, 06:49

Yes I still have lots of the cream so been using it as well but I find the cream us making me really inchy!!! Yes having hot baths and truing to drink lots I take these fruit and fibre cubes to keep it softer which was lovely for 3 months until it looks like I have reteared
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 25 Sep 2016, 06:57

Katie wrote:Yes I still have lots of the cream so been using it as well but I find the cream us making me really inchy!!! Yes having hot baths and truing to drink lots I take these fruit and fibre cubes to keep it softer which was lovely for 3 months until it looks like I have reteared

Unfortunately it can take a while for a chronic fissure to start healing again after a tear, I have a tear nearly every month when my period is due it's so frustrating and it takes a while for it to start again I take gabapentin for the pain too it's a nerve pain killer and it's really helped also maybe diazepam to relax you can also help
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 12 Dec 2016, 16:20

hi, so I had my botox done 6 weeks ago now, took nearly 4 weeks to kick in but now feels less tight down there and It was showing signs of healing until last weekend I had a second BM in the evening, I didn't strain and my stools were soft and not much pain while going but after I noticed I was bleeding and when I looked the fissure had completely re-torn! I am gutted I really thought it was going well and I don't understand with botox as well as not being constipated how should it tear?? im feeling really low again and so fed up afer 2 years of this I feel like giving up!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here