3rd Day POST SURGERY DETAILS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3rd Day POST SURGERY DETAILS

Postby Rcece » 07 Oct 2016, 07:23

Still have not needed any pain medication. Only 1 Aleve the morning after surgery and thats been it. Been moving around a lot better. Having 2 BMS early in the morning and making sure to take a warm bath after each one. Feel pretty good today. Actually got out of bed and moved around like any normal day. Just a tiny bit of soreness after each BM.

The only pain Ive had (on & off) is some gas related pains. I was in the fetal position last night for about 10 minutes because of the pain. My wife wanted to call the surgery center and speak to someone but I told her not to bother. I did read online that after surgery (anethesia) some people can experience some gas type pains. I was taking a high dose of probiotics before surgery (150 Billion capsule) and stopped a couple days before the surgery. Drank some ginger tea and took a gas-x and it seemed to help a little.

Has anyone experienced gas pains after this surgery? Its funny how I havent needed any pain meds for the surgery but was debating on taking something last night for the gas pain. I did notice I had some major flatulence the night after surgery. Ive been eating like I did before the surgery and thinking maybe I should ease up on my portion size. I also have never missed more then a day or two of working out (intense cardio and weight training for about 90 minutes). Maybe my colon is not used to this relaxed (vacation-like) experience.

Im thinking that maybe my bowels are still out of whack? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Rcece
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: 3rd Day POST SURGERY DETAILS

Postby pinpin » 07 Nov 2016, 06:18

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, I had pain after surgery for week or two. It is connected to the fact that muscle was cut.

Please take your pain meds. Hopefully you feel way better after a month as we speak.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good