Stool No longer snake-like

Now it's Either diarrea or pieces

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stool No longer snake-like

Postby averageJoe2000 » 14 Oct 2016, 11:21

Ever since i got my problem, i never get snakes anymore or sausages(Bristol Stool chart).
And i'm not understanding why. If we have a fissure or injury in the anus, that wouldn't mean an injury in the digestive system which is what makes the shape of the stool. So why am i not getting snakes when before the injury i was getting snakes and sausages
averageJoe2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Stool No longer snake-like

Postby Canadabum » 14 Oct 2016, 15:25

it could be related to how you are eating, your stress levels and what you are drinking.

try changing things up -- if you are super stressed it can impact your gut. if you are not hydrated enough or too much it will imact...and if you are eating lots of processed foods it will impact.

I find a balanced diet of soluble and insoluble fibre, not excessive amounts of food and lots of liquids....with some fibre supplement and a magnesium citrate in the morning keeps me good -- play around with your diet to see what works

if diet does not change anything consider a quick visit with your doc for their input
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby averageJoe2000 » 14 Oct 2016, 16:51

I guess it's the stress because as far as diet, i'm eating good and drinking lots of water. When i got this problem(it's been 2+ months ago) i became really panicked and anxiety. Now the question is how to reverse that stress. I'm trying my best though.
averageJoe2000
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 16 Oct 2016, 07:39

Stress is a silent killer...it can be difficult to eliminate from our lives.

A few things that helped me cope:

- talk with family about it, the stress and the physical issue you are dealing with...ask for support

- use a mantra...tell yourself you are healing and getting better throughout the day. The more you hear it the more convinced you will be...sounds weird but it really can work/help

- keep in mind that most who have dealt with this issue go on to feel sooooo much better....you will to...it just takes time

- keep up the good work you are doing with diet, heat, potty position, fissure cream and miralax

Hope some of those strategies help.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby averageJoe2000 » 02 Nov 2016, 21:12

Hi again. The problem continues. Everytime i go all that i expell is alittle tiny bit, i ask myself where is the rest going? cause i go only one time a day and expell a tiny amount. No firm well formed sausage shape or snake. I also continue to get pain. And i'm sorry for the misunderstanding but mine is not a fissure, but an injury that could've caused a fissure although it was examined and found no fissure.

I just don't understand how an injury down there, could have damaged or changed the intestinal system to the point where the bowel is not forming complete sizeable stool?
We discussed stress as a possible cause but isn't it a lot of time now since this happened?
averageJoe2000
Fibre Addict