Hey I'm new

Hey

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hey I'm new

Postby JMG » 03 Nov 2016, 05:19

Hey everyone I'm Jenn, I just joined here today & just wanted to say hi. I joined cos I've been dealing with an anal fissure problem since March of this year and wanted to find a place I could talk about it with other people who know and understand what it is like. It's been very upsetting for me to have such a strict diet but I know anyone who has dealt with pain in that area feels the same way about that. I'm glad to see there are success stories here about it also as it has been difficult for me to believe that it will ever be healed. I am hoping it will be soon though.
JMG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hey I'm new

Postby Kathy64 » 03 Nov 2016, 11:43

Hi Jenn,

I just joined here too! Although I have a chronic long term fissure....my last flare up occurred around March of this year too! It has been agonizing......daily pain....daily Advil...daily ointment.....I take miralax daily for many years now to prevent this unforunate situation. Was scheduled to have a fissurectomy and Botox two days ago but I was overcome with fear and cancelled. This morning......the pain has been non stop since using the bathroom. Almost six hours ago! I am losing all hope! The surgeon tells me this condition is common yet I know no one suffering like this! I hope we both find comfort soon! I'm tired of crying !!

Kathy
Kathy64
Fibre Addict

Postby JMG » 05 Nov 2016, 03:31

Hey Kathy, thanks for replying. Welcome to you too. Sorry to hear you've also had a fissure and that it has caused you so much pain. I can def. relate to what you said about not knowing anyone personally who is suffering with this kind of problem. Glad we were both able to find this site and feel less alone about it too. Besides the pain, worrying so much about it all the time & having to be so careful about everything I eat, that has been one of the hardest parts of going through this (feeling so alone in dealing with it). I've got an appointment in a week & a half to have it looked at more closely than it has been so far (it's called a flexible something-or-other) and I'm a bit nervous about it too but I am way too tired of this problem at this point so I will not be cancelling it. Have you ever had any kind of surgery before? Or where you had to be put to sleep? I had my wisdom teeth removed almost a decade ago but that is the only surgery I've ever had. I was put to sleep for it though. Now that I've had surgery like that I will never be as afraid of it again. If you've never had it before then I understand the fear, it takes a lot of bravery but it will be very worth it after if it means not having pain any longer. I don't know if you had to wait a long time to get the appointment or not, hopefully not but in any case I would re-book it so you won't have to keep dealing with the pain. I hope we will both find comfort soon as well.
Last edited by JMG on 12 Nov 2016, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
JMG
Fibre Addict

Postby JMG » 09 Nov 2016, 02:57

Bump - do you have to reply to more topics here before people will post a message in your welcome thread? Just curious, energy level is extremely low these days because of how careful I have to be with my diet. That is why I haven't replied to many posts. Anyway, if nobody else here cares to reply to say welcome or anything to me then I guess I won't be able to be here as a very "engaged" member which is very unfortunate for me because it feels like that is one of the very few things that might help my energy level be slightly higher these days. I'll have to just be more of a "reader" so prob. won't be spending much time here since there's other places I can go to simply "read" about people's experiences with dealing with this kind of problem. I joined here for something a bit more than that, was hoping to feel like a part of a support community with others who feel similar to how I do and where we encourage each other & where it is an open & welcoming network. I think it is very sad how pathetically rare it is to find that these days. I have to say I am kind of hating both people and life in general more by the day at this point. Everything kinda sucks. I really need to just stop caring about anyone or anything at this point I think :( :( :( :(
JMG
Fibre Addict