Anal fissure

Lis surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal fissure

Postby Jimbfree47 » 04 Nov 2016, 14:48

After 9 months I finally had Lis surgery Oct 28 2016. Had 3 internal hemorrhoids banded at same time. I wont lie the first 3 to 4 days were worse the pre surgery but I am feeling improvement aftet day 7. Iam still sore and Iwill put on a scale of 1-10 now a 3 before a 7. I did the fiber sitz baths stool softners ointments and it just would not heal. Will see what happens time will tell but I can say for me still have discomfort but its tolerable if anything about this is tolerable :roll:
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2016, 20:41

Hope you're healing proceeds well and you must be glad it's over! Good luck and keep us up to date with how you're doing.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Jimbfree47 » 06 Nov 2016, 14:38

I have read many on this forum who are still battling this months after LIS. I am 9 days post op and on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 3 at its worst at this point. Had the most amout of stool passed today since the surgery. It did hurt some coming out but it was basically soft so it wasnt unbearable. And no blood seen.Like others have said just have to keep on doing what Ishould be. Its better but not gone.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Nov 2016, 14:57

Hi jim,
I'm due to have LIS on Tuesday, I'm wondering did you have spasms at any point after, I don't mind the burning and stinging but it's the spasms that break me. That is what I'm worried about the most I don't want them to start again as I have them totally under control at the moment.
Thanx
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 06 Nov 2016, 15:11

I would say no but I still havethe burning and some stinging. Mainly when I am sitting whichtells me its still there but its
Manageable. Ijust getup and movearound whichhelps alot as Iget more blood flowtothearea. I mayhave a issuewith insufficient bloodflo which may be slowing down the healing. I see CRS in 8daysfollow up. Hopefullyyou will not have spasms afterthe surgery. Sitz bath helps plentyof water stoolsoftner fiber up seems tobe helping
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 06 Nov 2016, 15:25

Thanks jim,
I'm assuming the burning and stinging will stay with me for a while until the horrid thing goes away lol. I just can't face the spasms again.
Oh gosh well that can't help...can't they give you cream to encourage the blood flow or something else. I guess walking and that may help too.
I'm planning on spending a lot of time in the bath...but unlike most people I have no issue going...I go too much so I'm planning on not eating for a few days then just bread for a while after...very boring but has to be done or I can be on the toilet 10 times a day.
Hope your healing continues and pain decreases
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 06 Nov 2016, 15:34

Actually the gave me nifedipine/ lidocaine to use 3 times a day and probably to help with the blood flow. It stings and burns at first but it
appears to be helping but again to soon to really know.The main thing I think is dont let it stop you from doing what you
Need to do.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JMG » 09 Nov 2016, 03:06

Congrats that you had the surgery, I wish you the best of luck that it will lead to the problem being gone once and for all! :) I agree that sitting for long periods of time seems to hinder the healing of it. I haven't had the surgery myself but once I go for the FS appt at the hospital next Wed.16th then I will have a better idea of whether I will be needing to have the LIS myself. I hope it won't come to that but at this point I am willing to do whatever I have to so that there won't be any more pain with it & I can eat more normally again. So tired of dealing with this problem it is wearing on my mental/emotional state very severely at this point.
JMG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Nov 2016, 03:31

Thanks JMG. Yes even post op sitting to long still hurts. If you do need the Lis you may want to consider it for sure. I went 9 months with doing everything and nothing was getting rid of it. I can say that 12 days post op it is better but not gone. I have read some posts where it can take awhile to heal. I think each person is different so the healing would vary. Hang in there and if you do have the surgery best of luck to you. I agree totally that this horrible thing does effect your quality of life significantly. Mood and attitude in a constant state of irratation and effects everything and everyone around .
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Nov 2016, 05:31

Hi jim how's it going with you it's been nearly 2 weeks hasn't it hope your continuing to improve
Mypoorbutt