LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 04:00

Ok so managed to sleep a full 7 hours last night with just one cocodamol and one paracetamol. With these my pain is really only a 4 which is so much better than the Botox. I spent yesterday laid on my right hand side watching box sets on sky lol...I of course have children so had to get up occasionally to cook for them....think microwave meal not master chef. But all in all yesterday was a good day.
I will be having my sitz baths today and may....if I'm brave enough....have some toast.
I am surprised and don't want to be preemptory by how little pain I am in....I'm wondering if it will escalate on day 4 when theoretically the swelling should be at its worst, or whether it's waiting for the dreaded BM to really start to hurt.
All I can say right now is that I am happy with the level of pain....yes it's there...yes it stings...but nowhere like the pain from the fissure and nowhere near the pain from the Botox.
Please send me all your good vibes as I am very scared of infection as having a fistula has always been my worse nightmare.
Well off to get in my bath....here's hoping for a good day with very little pain
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 04:33

Nice to hear you're recovering well. Im waiting for mine. Should be in a month or so.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 04:59

Thanks IT,
Yes it's not been bad so far I'm only 48 hours after the op so obviously there is stinging and pain. But it's very manageable.
I'm sure you will do great...could they get you in a little quicker so you have it before Christmas perhaps.
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 05:06

That would be fantastic!!! Considering its via the public health system I'll have to wait on the list like everybody else but they did put me up as an Urgent case which could speed things up. Did they put you under a general or local anesthetic? They told me I might be injected with a spinal anesthetic similar to an epidural. Its called a "raquianestesia" here so Im not too sure on the translation.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 05:17

Oh you never know then if they put you down as urgent then it could be pretty soon hopefully. I had a general but that is all the NHS offers it's easier for them...I was out of hospital 3 hours after the op so as long as you are ok with anaesthetic I guess it's up to you. Don't think it would make too much difference guess it's what each hospital finds easier for them.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 06:45

Oh well.....here goes....admitted defeat and am having a slice of toast and a bit of soup....fingers toes everything crossed that my colon co operates for once and I don't do an amazing impression of mount Vesuvius in two hours time.....cries
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 06:50

Im sure you'll be ok. Fingers crossed. Off to my BM. Like Clockwork for the past 3 months.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 07:03

Oh what I wouldn't do for predictable BMs my daughter is like that 8 am every morning without fail..no matter what she eats...I'm happy she's not like me but am very very jealous lol....what a thing to be jealous of hehehe
Mypoorbutt

Postby IronicTwist » 11 Nov 2016, 07:28

I drink at least 3l of water a day and eat practically the same food all the time together with 30ml of Dulcosoft(macrogol) twice a day. If I didnt, I wouldnt be as regular nor on time. It took about 2 or 3 months to get to this. Dont know what it will be like once I stop stool softeners one day. I have noticed if I stay in bed on a sunday I dont have a BM and usually that ends up causing issues. Not blockage though, quite the contrary. Everything turns acidic and liquid with alot of gas. Go figure.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 07:32

It's insane isn't it that most people can just do what comes naturally while others like us have to employ all sorts of techniques, avoidance and medication just to be able to keep our bowels under some kind of control. In this world of medical wonders it's annoying there isn't one tablet you can take that makes you go just once a day, and a normal consistency too.
Mypoorbutt