LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Nov 2016, 07:58

Thanks Jim,
Just been to the shop was a 15 min walk and it was uncomfortable but not painful.
I have really only had 6 cocodamol in 4 days so hoping they won't have had too much impact been relying on paracetamol. I'm hoping it's just because I haven't eaten anything since Sunday was only brave enough yesterday to have soup but am going to add some potatoes and a biscuit in today...I think.
Before the op the softer my BMs the worse the pain was for me...will just have to wait and see, I'm dreading it though
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby IronicTwist » 12 Nov 2016, 08:02

Dont worry too much beforehand. Enjoy the ride and deal with the bm when it arrives. Im sure youll be ok.
IronicTwist
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Nov 2016, 08:06

Thanx IT I'm trying not to stress as that sets my IBS off....gosh these things are so complicated lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Nov 2016, 12:11

Ok stomach making noises now...my usual pre motion discomfort in upper abdomen....panicking like really panicking...so so scared of this first BM. Wondering if there is anyway I can hold of till the morning. Obviously won't take my loperamide as I don't want to risk constipation. But am so worried.....
Right deep breaths tonight could be awful
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 12 Nov 2016, 12:21

I would say dont force it and let it happen. I just had another BM today minor pain then gone. Again key seems to be soft. Did metamucil and stool softner 5 hours ago.hopefully yours will not be hard
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Nov 2016, 12:31

Oh I won't force it it usually takes about 4 hours from start of the discomfort to BM so I have a bit of breathing space....part of me is saying take the loperamide in case it's bad the other more sensible part is saying just wait and see....oh what I wouldn't give for normal consistency BMs at least then I wouldn't be a panicking mess.
I haven't used any stool softener my CRS said it wouldn't be great with my crohns...I know this is true but now I'm thinking maybe I should have had a little bit at least....
Ok I'm turning into a babbling mess now...this is what the thought of a BM does to me and my DR wonders why I choose not to eat for 5 days lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 12 Nov 2016, 13:12

Dont feel alone. I dread everytime I have to go as I dont know what expect anymore. Fortunatly ok today but with this thing I certainly am in no way saying all clear.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 04:52

Ok...no BM.....
Yesterday was fine pain wise about a 5 but only took 2 paracetamol. The walk was slightly uncomfortable. Didn't do any baths yesterday but did wash the area with shower a few times to keep clean, thinking of getting a bath today though. Slept well on no painkillers just my normal melatonin that helps me to try and sleep through any crohns pain and has no impact on digestive system. When applying my cream I think the surgeon may have removed my largest external hem but cannot be sure due to swelling....I did say I would prefer him not too as I know this can make recovery longer...going to phone and ask tomorrow
Right important stuff now....I can tell my stomach and digestion doing things but still no BM...please understand this is very strange for me as normally I'm on the toilet a lot...so do I eat something I'm pretty sure will make me go...or do I leave it to nature, I only ate a bit Friday, (half a bowl of soup) but had more yesterday (soup,chips,2biscuits) I think I will probably go today but am worried in case I don't.
Thank you for listening to my rambling and any tips re digestion are appreciated
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 06:18

Yes yes yes I have had my first BM....feel free to read the description although you may not want too lol.
So as I started to walk around more it became obvious that today was going to be the day, thought I would get in the shower to relax myself...having just washed my hair it was much more of a we are going now so I jumped (ok not literally ) onto the toilet cue pain not bad but def there very stretching increasing as I sat...sod this I thought I could practically feel my stitches straining.
So I stood back up the pressure eased straight away but I still needed to poop....ok what to do (bearing in mind I have a head full of shampoo) well I'm not going to poop on my floor but the shower is running anyway...back into the shower I go and let nature do it's thing...pain level 3 compared to about a 7 for the few seconds I sat on the toilet.
So I am ashamed and delighted to say I have for the first time in my life pooped in my shower....I would say it was a Bristol 3/4 and like I say once I stood up the pain was ok don't think I could have done it sat on the toilet.
Have decided that I'm going to put the polysporin on first to hopefully counteract any infection then if I need to I will put my GTN on after.
Thanx for listening and I understand if a few of you are a bit disappointed with me pooping in the shower, I will not ever tell another living soul only you fellow sufferers in the hope it might help.
Needless to say my bathroom has been bleached a lot....might go and bleach it again actually lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 07:57

Oh wow well you got thru it hopefully you will be better each time .
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist