LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby Jimbfree47 » 14 Nov 2016, 07:44

I do pt security work and I am the only one in the place till 5:30 am. I have close access to the bathroom and I can walk around whenever I want. There is no way I could work any job that would require prolonged sitting. I guess I am fortunate that I have something I can do.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 08:31

Sounds like the ideal job...no fighting to get to the toilet no having to wait, the ability to get up and walk around. Think that is as fissure friendly as a job can get...pity it's at night time.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 14 Nov 2016, 08:42

I agree and pretty stress free. I am heading to my dr will post results soon
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 17:39

Well today has not been a bad day. The pain was less with the BM about a 4 and only lasted for about 4 hours then just soreness with occasional pain at a 4. Had a bath which I hate but know I need to do...it gives me flash backs of my nights at 3 in the morning sobbing in agony because the bath was the only place that slightly eased my spasms.
Ate ok again even put some veg in (so brave) only 6 sprouts and I'm usually ok with sprouts had some bread and a scone so feel a bit more energy.
There is def still swelling daren't put my GTN up there yet and I could really do with it I'm going to try and be brave and put some up tomorrow. I'm pretty certain now that one of my external hems is missing on the side where the cut is and I'm wondering is that is why its very sore.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 14 Nov 2016, 17:53

Progress thats good. Yes try the ointment as soon as you feel comfortable.could be due to the hemorrhoid . keep up with the baths if you can. Walk as much as possible. I have put 2 apps of the nifedipine in and its really helping with the sitting. Only had 1 bath today as the discomfort seems to ease with the ointment. Plan on taking a bath before I start my work night and will take the ointment with me.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 17:57

I'm going to do it tomorrow I have too the swelling is decreasing and I don't have to go far in at first...just hope I don't chicken out in the morning, I don't want to hurt myself but I have had two BMs now so my pinky finger can't do too much damage surely.
I'm going to walk to the shop again tomorrow as I really don't think I could face another car ride yet...might leave that a couple of days. The walking is fine really.
Good luck for work, I'm sure it will be fine
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Nov 2016, 03:26

Why in the world did I have sprouts...I'm in serious pain at least a 7 and have been for hours now only had the one BM but it was not very solid and burned like hell so now I have been having mild spasms for about 4 hours have put my GTN up but hadn't made much difference, I thought LIS was meant to stop spasms. This is not nice I guess that's me never eating another veggie for the rest of my life.
Have tried not to take any painkillers but once I have hot the kids off to school I will be having a bath and some cocodamol because I can't cope with this pain.
Also from the lovely stomach cramps I'm getting I pretty sure I will be going quite a bit today....oh how I hate my bowel.
Well hope this improves as I truly didn't expect such serious spasms after LIS
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Nov 2016, 04:02

Oh boy was I right...two explosive BMs in 20 mins one very angry fissure one very sore incision site very swollen hems....sod LIS I need a colostomy...how can LIS work if I can't stop going to the blooming toilet.
In sooooo much pain right now have taken my loperamide don't think constipation is an issue right now and if I go to the loo again today I don't think I can cope.
In the bath and even that is having minimal effect on the pain. So sad right now.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 15 Nov 2016, 05:21

Sorry to hear that MPB. If I were there Id give ya a great big hug. It gets better I saidthe same thing after my Lis. Sooo easy to lose hope and stay positive. Its just a temp setback. You will pull thru
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Nov 2016, 05:31

Thanx jim,
Can't believe how painful it is think I kind of repressed how bad the spasms are....upto a 9 now...really did think LIS meant the spasms stopped straight away. That was how it was explained to me anyway
Mypoorbutt