LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 16:55

I am sitting right now and can feel the discomfort rather quick. It gets to a level 3 to 4 and eventually I have to get up and move around. Feeks like I am sitting on a hot seat . About 3 hours ago I was feeling pretty good so I took the chance and had a piece of that chicken tenderloin to test ans 1 hour later it started burning and I had to go put some Nifed on. I also did some dilation and I could feel how sore it is. But it seemed to help relieve it somewhat. I am sitting now and not to bad but dont know how long before I will have to get up. No doubt its sore. No wonder it hurts when sitting. Ugh.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 17:00

I did try to sit earlier and managed about 15 mins but had to get up, it's very uncomfortable. Oh no strange that it could effect it so quick but I suppose in a good way you know what to stay clear of...have you had any food intolerance tests. When did you start putting cream up there again...I'm quite scared to try but think I could do with some GTN as it's still at a 5 and I can't sleep at that level need it under a 4 or I will have to take cocodamol. Thanks
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 17:25

No food allergys and started last week with the nifed. There is something to this dilation. First Crs recommended it to help strengthen the muscle. I will ask my 2nd CRS Tommorrow about it.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 17:30

Ok thanx might try my cream tomorrow then as the pain is refusing to ease. Looks like I will have to have painkillers have managed all day but I want to sleep tonight. Yes I have considered the dilation, let me know what your CRS says
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 17:37

Ok I will let you know tomorrow
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 06:30

Hi well yesterday was painful all day after the BM at around a 5. Had a BM this morning thankfully in the normal way pain level was only really a 4 but again its lingering I'm going to give it another hour or so then have a bath and put some GTN on...didn't really want to go poking around up there but don't want to be in pain all day either.
Had a nice walk round town walking is fine doesn't make the pain any worse just a bit uncomfortable but I think that's the stitches. But the car journey is not pleasant...Jim if you read this how long till you could sit in a car and it not hurt quite a bit...glad I have taken two weeks off work as there is no way I could face going back to work today.
Well here's hoping for a well behaved colon and my pain decreasing
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 14 Nov 2016, 06:45

MPB sitting in a car was challenging before and still is now. After maybe 30 min it was pretty sore and had to get out or pull over. Just had a soft BM this am makes 4 days in row . pain was about a 1-2 not bad. Took 2 stool softners yesterday so I think that helped. I will not even think about eating any chicken tenderloin . Trying reg coffee now and keeping my fingers crossed. Dr visit in 3 hours.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 07:01

Oh right I was hoping it would improve..Before I was ok for about 30 mins but today after literally 2 mins it was awful and I wasn't even driving so hope that get better. Gosh no stay away from chicken. Glad your BMs have been better. Hope the doc says your healing well
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 14 Nov 2016, 07:19

Wow 2 min not good but hope that gets better for you. I go to work tonight and tuesday night working overnight. I will be taking all my ammo with me. I will keep posted during that as to how my body reacts to being up all night
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Nov 2016, 07:25

No it was awful I'm hoping that's just because of the stitches. Oh can't imagine working through the night. What job do you do? Hope you have time for proper toilet breaks
Mypoorbutt