LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 08:22

Thanx jim...
Yes I got through it hopefully the next one can be done in the more acceptable way.
So far haven't had to put any GTN on had a walk to the shop again, there is some stinging and a sensation of needing to go (i don't) but so far no spasms and pain only at a 3
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 10:21

Thats pretty good. I had a BM this morning and pain maybe a 3 but didnt last long. I am testing certain foods to see what aggravates that thing. Last night I had some chicken tenderloin and it let me know it wasnt happy. Shortly after I ate it
Maybe 30 min I felt the burn and stinging. About a 4 to 5 so Thats telling me my sphincter muscle went into spasm I think. Tommorrow I see the Doc
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 10:47

To be honest jim I never see a connection between spasms and what I eat only in the consistency and frequency of my BMs
It's been over 4 hours since my BM I haven't needed to put the GTN on which is good because I really needed it after the Botox, the pain is there a burning stinging but has only increased to a 4/5 so that's ok, think it's starting to subside now...hoping I don't go again. Did have to go and wash a few times after as there was some leakage but nothing major.
Good luck tomorrow jim I'm sure there will be some positive news on your healing
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 11:06

Yes 4 to 6 hours after was pretty common for me before surgery. Now 16 days post op it is about a 3 coming out
And it dies subside within 30 min to an hour so that alot of progress. I wouldnt worry about the soil they say its normal right after surgery. I havent used the nifed or nitro at all so far today and only had 1 bath after morning BM which was fairly soft. Pain was maybe a 2 to 3 level.this is progress
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 11:16

Same here about 4 hours on a good day and 8 hours plus on a day when I have had numerous trips to the toilet.
Hope it starts to decrease for me as that was the aim of the surgery lol, especially when my IBS is playing up.
You sound to be doing really well for just over two weeks jim that's so good hope I can follow in your footsteps lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mr Fissure » 13 Nov 2016, 12:28

Hi mypoorbutt

Glad to hear you're progressing well and that you've safely negotiated the first BM hurdle ! Sounded a scary event, but at least your through it now, I presume it will get easier as the days go on now...

Are you able to sit yet? Think you mentioned you were lying on your side the first couple of days - as someone who struggles to sit for more than an hour a day atm, its one of the simple things I miss most of all since getting this horrible condition !

Pleased to read of your progress too jim. Both your stories are quite inspiring for a chronic AF sufferer of 8 months who may be approaching crunch time soon...

All the very best,
Mr F.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 12:37

Hi Mr F how are you?
Yes so glad the first BM is over and done with thank goodness....yes quite traumatic will never look at my shower the same again lol.
On the sitting...I tried it a bit yesterday but only managed an hour....haven't tried today as there was a bit of blood after my BM and I didn't want to aggravate it. I'm going to try again tomorrow but it was about day 6/7 after my Botox that I felt ok to sit...I have stitches so may be that makes a difference. Yes I miss sitting comfortably too...it's the simple things lol.
Good luck mr F hopefully this time next year we will all be happily sat on our happy butts eating and drinking what we want...fingers crossed
Mypoorbutt

Postby Mr Fissure » 13 Nov 2016, 12:48

Hi mypoorbutt,

I've had a few challenges thrown my way this week, mild food poisoning on Tuesday and then just as I'd got over that my dog went down with a stomach upset himself and had me taking him out 5 times in the middle of the night (up and down the stairs each time!). Last night thought can't do that again, so after dragging me out at 2am I decided to camp on the sofa downstairs with him the rest of the night...Not sure it was a great idea, but was getting desperate! Seems its not just us humans that suffer with our BM's lol!

Anyway, after all that I'm pleased to report I'm still in reasonable shape, just praying tonight will be a quiet one!

You're so right, its the simple things you take for granted that you miss the most when you lose them (i'm typing stood up now even!).

Your last line's a very nice thought MPB, so I'll wish you well and fingers crossed we do eventually get there..!

Take care and good luck!
Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 13 Nov 2016, 13:32

I have to also agree cant wait to be able to sit without having to get up. I sure do miss sosomething we all take for granted. I guess you never know how much you cherish something till it is gone.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Nov 2016, 16:43

I know...all those times I would moan about sitting waiting for my daughter to get ready...now I would give anything to just be able to sit and not worry
Mypoorbutt