Anal fissure

Lis surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Nov 2016, 05:42

Entering day 12 and after peeing I am getting burning sensation and also sitting
To long same thing. I think the muscle is sore and may be in spasm not sure seeing CRS on the14th. Still suffering with it
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Nov 2016, 05:50

Oh no that's not good at all....I have always felt a bit of relief after I pee for some strange reason. It must be so frustrating to have had the op n still be in pain. Is your pain getting worse or just not improving?
Could you ask for some amytriptilline...not sure what it's called if your in the US but it's meant to be really good for relaxing the bladder and has been shown to help with chronic anal fissures. I had I for 7 days and it started to work but then my crohns decided it didn't like it so had to stop.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Nov 2016, 06:01

My girlfriend takes that for depression but I heard it hekps with muscle relaxer. Beginning to wonder if I may have nerve damage down there but I am fine as long as I am not sitting long. Very strange
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Nov 2016, 06:10

Ah maybe it's just a matter of time then as it's only when your sitting putting direct pressure on that area. 2 weeks isn't long really when you think about it I guess.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Nov 2016, 06:14

I agree but I may try that pill just to see hey nothing to lose and with this I will try anything that may help
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Nov 2016, 06:22

It was good I found a change after just a few days, I do wonder if it would have sorted it out completely if my digestion could have continued with it for the 12 weeks I was meant to have it...but hey ho, hopefully this LIS will do the job
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 11 Nov 2016, 07:35

Today is day 14 post op lis and Symptoms continue. Bowl movement this morning had bit of blood and was not very soft. Dosent look like lis has helped me. What a waste of money. I have taken stool softners fiber increase sitz baths plenty of water had surgery and I continue to suffer I hope others will have better success with this then I have. Just wasnt in the cards for me. My dad passed away in Dec of 2013 due to renal failure. Now God will decide how much longer I have. Im done with it
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 08:10

Jim,
Please don't let this get you down....trust me I know how frustrating these awful things are, but remember it's only been 2 weeks some people can have what's classed as a traumatic reaction to surgery...which is basically your body takes a long long time to recover and heals a lot slower....which if your having major surgery is really worrying but with something like LIS it delays recovery.
I'm on day 3 and had stitches with my LIS so hardly had any blood...but I have not had a BM yet.
Your body needs time to heal....and worse case scenario if it hadn't worked there is always the option of a second LIS or flap surgery....or at the very very worst if you cannot function there is a temporary colostomy to give the sphincter a complete rest.
You will get better I'm sure you will....it so annoying when people tell you to think positive when your in pain...but please don't give up not yet.
Take care
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 11 Nov 2016, 08:23

Thanks for the encouragement. Un fortunately I am not optomistic. Time will tell. Im sure you will recover with no problem. I cannot say that in my case. I guess I have 2 options and anothersurgery
Is not one of them. 1. Live in pain or 2 check out.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 Nov 2016, 08:30

Has your pain gone back to pre surgery levels?
I too am cautious mainly through fear of my crohns and possible infection. But you have to be fair to your body it's has been through a lot and unfortunately for some people it can take many months to recover from LIS.
Can you get some stronger painkillers from your doctor even if it's only for a month or so, just to give you some respite from the pain.
Mypoorbutt