3 months post op LIS-new fissures

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 months post op LIS-new fissures

Postby OliveC » 16 Nov 2016, 12:38

Done with all the physiology studies. Really uncomfortable, lots of things going in and out of my butt. We did find out that I don't completely relax during a BM which I pretty much knew bc I'm scared. I'm supposed to start reflex therapy or something like that to help me have proper habits during a bm. Hopefully my insurance let's me do it.
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Severelydepressed » 26 Jan 2017, 14:34

Hey Olive, how are you feeling now? Any updates? Has your fissure healed?
Severelydepressed
VIP

Topics: 9

Postby Misty789 » 09 Feb 2017, 09:08

Hi Olive,
Well, as I predicted, I too have fissures after LIS. So, you are not alone! I don't know what to do about it. How are you doing and do you have any insight?
Misty789
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby suzyljank » 09 Feb 2017, 09:28

Hi, OliveC I've learned so much from my surgeries ( hemm, LIS & double advancement flaps). You have to keep your stools softer always. Once you've had a chronic fissure you're more prone to more. As far as you skin tag, removing a skin tag can cause another one to form, your doctor should have explained that to you. I had so many skin tags before my advancement flaps and my CRS said when he replaced the scar tissue with new skin that he wasn't going to remove any other skin tags except the ones that were part of the scar tissue. Have you tried dilation, it works so well to keep the area stretchable and less likely to tear. It also helps break the cycle of a spasm if you're having them. Since my last surgery I do thin once a day. I hope things improve quickly for you, these things can severely disrupt your life. Good luck Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby OliveC » 09 Feb 2017, 14:54

So I've just finished session 5/6 of biofeedback therapy. It is life changing. I take konsyl fiber twice a day, fiber one Cereal 1cup per day and then a variety of fruits and veggies. Tons of water everyday. The physiology studies showed me that I can control what's happening during a bm. It's taken me a while to get the hang of it but I just really have to focus and relax. The biofeedback is basically showing me how to squeeze push and relax appropriately. Still a work in progress but no new fissures since october. The random skin tears have also stopped. I was tensing up too much bc I get so nervous during a bm which caused the new tears. I'm still nervous everyday but I really have to concentrate to relax and push when I'm supposed to. My lis was last July, I was super sensitive until December so the timing of starting biofeedback was important bc they do put a probe in your rectum. I'm still not 100 % confident but the biofeedback is definitely helping. I hope things keep up this way for me bc last year was so horrible
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1