Ultrasound to heal fissure?

Ultrasound

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ultrasound to heal fissure?

Postby juzaaaa » 22 Oct 2016, 19:03

I had physical therapist who recommended ultrasound to heal my fissure. It was used sometimes 1970 or 1980. I had one session, that lasted around 6 - 8 minutes. After that my fissure hurt more than usually. Day after treatment still more pain. Can fissure be healing if the pain turns worse? Could nerves be recenerated or something? There are studies in Pubmed, that ultrasound actually helps wounds to heal. I dont know if I should keep going with ultrasound or stop. There is 14 treatments left. My fissure and /or hemorroids keep bleeding after ultrasound. I think my fissure looks little smaller than week ago.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Ultrasound to heal fissure?

Postby pinpin » 21 Nov 2016, 01:55

I should admit I have tried this, and also tried Oxygen chamber, though, my fissure was so huge it didn't help in my case.

Did it help in your situation?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Ultrasound to heal fissure?

Postby juzaaaa » 21 Nov 2016, 22:22

I think it didnt help a lot. However There are some studies that ultraound can improve wound healing. I have used my finger to mazzage my anus and I think it has helped. Maybe I tore new fissure with todays bowl movement, but other than that and being afrqid of making damage with my finger I am feeling better.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2