LIS at last

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS at last

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 09:15

Oh no - I'm sure there's somewhere you can order it online? That's just so frustrating. I totally understand the difficulty and it's impossible!

Just a clarification - did you have just the LIS or also hem or skin tag removal?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 09:36

I just had LIS Hun thought he had removed a hem but he hadn't.
I'm giving it a couple of hours then phoning hospital see if they will give me an enema coz this is silly
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 09:52

Yup good idea. Lots of Vaseline on the fissure/op site will hopefully help things go more smoothly...hoping you get relief soon
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Katie » 27 Nov 2016, 10:02

I had a fissurectomy and skin tags removed and bottox still to this day don't know what a fissurotomy is? Lol
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 10:16

Katie - a fissurotomy is where they make the edges of the fissure straight and clean to help encourage healing.
GG...olive oil and coconut oil have sorted me out...I did it thankfully....I am now a bit worried as I had a cup of lemon water as that can make me go so if I'm on the toile all night I'm blooming going to a&e and they can give me some morphine because I'm not having another night of spasms with only 2mg pointless Valium....
So please people positive vibes that a slice of toast this morning and a cup of lemon water 20 mins ago do not combine to make my colon throw a major tantrum.
Oh the joys of my life lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 27 Nov 2016, 10:30

MPB. Hopefully you will get thru the next one. Must be total hell to have gone thru LIS and have Crohns and IBS. I take valium 5mg everynight and helps me sleep ok. I got the script from my Neurologist who said I had GAD and panic attacks which dosent help with fissures and may be part of tge problem as I researched anxiety and stress can aggravate fissures. So I ad to trying to remain calm to my toolkit against this crap
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 27 Nov 2016, 10:51

Hi Jim, yes the crohns and IBS make it a blooming maze with mines in it....if I take enough meds to stop the crohns agony will I be constipated....if I'm constipated and try to eat something to soften stools will my IBS send me to the loo 15x. It's awful.
Well spasms are back now at least an 8 I truly don not see how the LIS can have possibly worked when I'm in thus much pain.
I took 4 of the 2mg Valium the other night still could not sleep and not a jot of reduction in the pain level either. Can see tonight being like that too.
I'm going to try and get in at the docs tomorrow to let them know I plan on not eating until they agree to give me a colostomy as this is just silly now....I will have to go to work in the morning with no sleep and my sphincter will still be spasming as it seems to last about 24 hours now.
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 27 Nov 2016, 11:01

Mpb - for sure sending over some positivity - and I'm glad you were able to go ok. And don't hesitate to go to a&e if you're in pain - your gp should be more helpful with your pain situation - they can't just leave you to live like this.

My CRS and gastro gave me ample amounts of morphine because they know I'm not abusing and need it to get through the day - even with the morphine I'm still lying down at home almost 24/7. They know the morphine isn't great for me to be taking for so long, but the pain can be even worse health wise in my opinion! Before I had the morphine I literally felt like the veins in my forehead were goin to pop because my whole body was tense...that can't help healing.

And although I haven't had LIS yet - from the tons and tons I've read it really sounds like the LIS didn't do it's job. Have you read at all about proctitis? Seems common with chron's, maybe check it out? Sending you all the best healing thoughts

Jimbefree47 - that's interesting what you say about anxiety. Is it because stress causes you constipation which in turn causes the fissures? Or that stress encourages tight sphincter, inflammation, etc? It's funny because the first time I had a fissure I was taking cipralex for anxiety - but the fissure cleared quickly with nifedipine. The current fissure occurred at a high stress time for me - and I had also stopped taking cipralex about 3 months prior. Wonder if that's related
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Katie » 27 Nov 2016, 11:09

Omg I feel for you hun I think your be better off with a bag hun I got a friend she is 39 and has had one for 5 years and she had crohns and she says it's the best thing she ever did xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 27 Nov 2016, 11:10

GG. Yes I was told there is a correlation between stress anxiety and the sphincter tone. Apparently the muscles in the body tense up when stress anxiety is in play.Maybe thats why the 5mg diazepam helps as it is a muscle relaxer. The less anxiety and stress the better
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist