Kenalog injection / Rectiv / Hydrocortisone

My struggle

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Kenalog injection / Rectiv / Hydrocortisone

Postby PainSinceAugust » 22 Nov 2016, 23:32

Hi all,

This is my first post.

Over the last several months, I have taken so much comfort from this board. That there are people out there that understand the constant pain, the anxiety, the stress, the impact on work life and home life. Please keep your head up. I will also say that this board also causes a little bit of additional anxiety-- no offense my friends, but most of the folks on this board have chronic conditions and have had no success with various treatments. I imagine that the ones that do have success don't come back to this board to dwell on the past...

I have been dealing with a fissure since August 1, 2016. I remember that day. (It is now mid November 2016).

First doctor- saw August 2. Prescribed me Rectiv. Used it for six weeks. Got headaches but continued. Changed diet. Stool softeners and fiber. Pain would go away then spasms would come back.

Second doctor- saw mid September and into October. Gave me a special compound if hydrocortisone and menthol cream. The menthol was fabulous!! Really relaxed me. Liked the doctor and four weeks went by and I started feeling really better. Ups and downs though. Then... one day in October things got worse promoting me to find new course. Doctor recommended LIS surgery. I was game. But he was going on vacation and didn't want to operate. I couldn't wait for his return so had to find new doctor.

Third doctor- One week ago had alternative procedure -- Kenalog injection into fissure. On a lot of drugs after surgery but felt immediate relief. Now, one week later, still have soreness but I would do it again. Knock on wood. Cross your fingers for me out there. If it doesn't work, LIS still an option.

I was around 250 pounds when this started and am 210 now. I am hoping this ordeal will be over.
PainSinceAugust

Topics: 1

Re: Kenalog injection / Rectiv / Hydrocortisone

Postby Savaici » 27 Nov 2016, 15:26

Ummm...most on the board do not have chronic conditions, in fact the majority that come here are still in the acute stage.

But yes, the majority move on. By far the largest numbers that have been here are now getting on with their lives. A few of us are here to help too!

Best of luck with your healing.

:afsmile: :Rock:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Kenalog injection / Rectiv / Hydrocortisone

Postby julianalconte » 19 May 2017, 12:08

Can I ask, how are you doing now? Keep us updated!
julianalconte
Fibre Addict