Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Nov 2016, 22:38

I am doing reasonably ok. Pain and fissure still exist. But bearable . I have started to run a little and can definitely do long walks. Am trying to stay away from thinking about it even and that seems to help my anxiety. I also try not to look to see if any bleeding. That's helps some.
Trying to overcome the fears as I think it's still a longish journey ahead.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Nov 2016, 04:21

Yay so happy for you hun, glad to see your improving again. Its so good your running again thats great. It really helps to just try and carry on as if the awful thing just doesnt exist, but i guess that sometimes depends on the level of pain. It is a long journey but you could be nearing the beginning of the end now hopefully
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 29 Nov 2016, 20:57

I have not been updating my diary because of late thinking about this tenses my muscles up more. In fact I turn the light off with a BM - helps me think about it less. Still pain with BM on most days again lasts only a couple hours so able to get through the day. Today was tougher than most days but overall definitely not yet healed. Sigh
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 Nov 2016, 02:38

I know what you mean Hun it's a pity it couldn't have been a smooth road to healing but i know you will get there in the end
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 04 Dec 2016, 13:03

Yup. A couple good days followed by rough times again. Tired of the good old butt today excruciating pain during and lingering for hours today more like a 3 to 4 intensity burning all the b####y time
You win Mr F. Maybe we draw tomorrow and I win day after? Hope is the best medicine
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby mamafizz » 06 Dec 2016, 13:31

Hello, if you happen to read this I would appreciate if you could let me know if you had this same symptom, I have been struggling for almost 6 months, been on nitro for the past 6 weeks, (following the instructions-was not using properly last time) seeing some improvement. Dr can do Botox in a week or so, but I seem to be having less spasms and pain is better, but I have this higher up tightening, heaviness, almost like a charley horse feeling, cannot sit and have to lay on my side most of the time, not sure if you had this at all and if the botox helped ease that away, seems like the muscles have forgotten how to relax and even after spasms are less there is this constant tightness that never goes away.. keeps me from doing anything>>> Usually very active... any light you could shed would be greatly appreciated> Christmas is almost here and don't want to go in for Botox and have to recover from that on top of everything else.. not much time left... help! Praying daily...
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 18 Dec 2016, 09:16

Hello MaMAfizz I replied to your other post . Things do slowly get better after Botox but takes a few weeks. It takes patience and staying on a careful diet that is right for you. Discipline has been a huge contribution to slow improvement for me
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 18 Dec 2016, 09:28

As for me as I think MPB and a couple others are checking in on my updates - I am not sure what to say. Life moves on - pain is every day, every BM is painful but not like a long line of searing pain more like a shorter line or sometimes even a point of searing pain. It then burns for hours. There is blood occasionally but not much. I am still loyal to my nifedipine and lidocaine thought at this point it seems to be doing little and causing more burning so not sure it helps. Some days are far worse than others like walking every step the burning feeling gets worse and is a constant tight reminder in the middle of the body. Most of this sensation is at the base of the sentinel tag so I wonder if I made a mistake not getting it removed.
I am generally good with my diet except on days when I have super intense uncomfortable burning where I guess my sentiment is - hey if I am suffering so much despite all my sacrifices of favorite food then what the heck might as well live it up with white rice and pasta etc . Overall I eat fruit and veggies and stay generally healthy. I still apply olive or coconut oil down there
Like I said life goes on with constant reminders but I have a supportive family who let me have my days off when I am miserable which is luckily not too often. For the most part I can walk normally without waddling and I guess I wil grudgingly say I am better off than I was 6 months ago and I do have to count my blessings though it's not all showers of blessings ! By afternoon life usually feels pretty normal
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 09:53

Yes Hun I check in to see how you are...have you been back to your CRS are your fissures nearly healed. I guess I'm wondering for both of us how long this burning last for lol.
I too haven't stopped using my GTN although mine is still helping bring the pain down by about two levels so I'm assuming my sphincter is still able to tighten.
It doesn't sound good that walking makes it worse, my CRS said he only removes skin tags if they are obstructing the fissure as it can often lead to narrowing. It's so hard to know which is the right choice but we have to believe what we did was the best option at the time. I have accepted a life without dairy now....although I'm going to try a very small glass of wine on Xmas day, accompanied by some loperamide. Does eating the rice and pasta make it much worse for you Hun or are you being super careful.
I'm so pleased on the whole you feel better than 6 months ago that's good and if every afternoon you are pain free I guess that is significant progress.
I hope and pray that we all find a pain free Xmas and that next year is immensely better for us all than this last one
Hugs x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 28 Mar 2017, 13:17

Hi dear I was so frustrated with myself and my fissure for awhile I stopped posting. I am checking back in to see how you are. My situation is still the same good days and bad days come and go. I am now accepting more there is no clear end in sight . But then the good days are worth it.
Hope you are well?
Healingthroughdiet
VIP