Sugar-Free Candy

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Sugar-Free Candy

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2008, 07:07

Ok, I had 2 of the miniature sugar-free York peppermint patties on Thursday, then 2 more on Friday. On Saturday I had a really rough time having a bm. I know that I was taking a risk with chocolate, but I thought since they were so small and sugar-free, if I only ate a couple, then it might not bother me. Is it possible that this was the cause of the issue? It's hard to believe, but it was really the only thing that I had done differently.

Re: Sugar-Free Candy

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2008, 09:27

I thought the sugar free candies gave gas and diarrhea since they use sorbitol which most of the time which can have a laxative effect.

I think it was just a fluke.

Postby buttgirl » 16 Mar 2008, 13:51

It's hard to say. Chocolate had no effect on me either way, thank goodness.
What affects me is the types of food, the amount, and whether I take it with tons of water, oh and how well I chew. I need fiberous, softish foods, in small amounts--enough to maintain weight, but not overeat--and with two glasses of water per meal at least. Then I have to chew everything thoroughly. It also helps to take a fiber pill immediately before eating so that the food is distributed throughout the fiber.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Mar 2008, 16:23

I also don't think chocolate is a problem - but we are all different - who knows ??? I once read that chocolate actually regulates consistency of BM.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61