Glad to have found this place

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Glad to have found this place

Postby Badger123 » 16 Dec 2016, 02:07

I'm really happy to see a place where this problem is being discussed. I have been feeling so embarrassed and isolated. It doesn't seem like my condition has progressed as far as other people's cases, but it has been lingering for almost a year. My doctor says that it is a minor fissure and while surgery has been discussed, I don't want to go there if it can be avoided. Up to now my main issue is the itching, which may yet drive me insane. Especially at night, when sometimes it prevents me from sleeping. I even tried to sleep with gloves on to keep from itching. I probably should just have self control, but sometimes nothing gives me relief But scratching. I try to use the nitro cream, coconut oil, or ice the area when that happens. My other solution is to start using fiber supplements and drink more water. I always thought I had a pretty good diet but I will try to cut out more bread and cheese. And I will keep posting in here to keep myself accountable and consistent. Thanks for reading and I hope you also have a quick recovery. :)
Badger123

Topics: 1

Re: Glad to have found this place

Postby LemonMan » 29 Dec 2016, 12:57

Hi Badger,

Something that has helped me with itching is a hydrocortisone cream. It's easy to get over the counter or online. Might be worth a try? It's just for the itching, so if your Doc has given you Nitro for the fissure you should continue to use that too.

Good luck! LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4